Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 03:29 PM

Yea read that. Crazy because apparently that's a pretty popular basin
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 03:34 PM

The hunter is home from the hill. RIP.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 04:06 PM

That is one of those stories that’s sad, crazy, and neat all at the same time.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 04:08 PM

Man makes you wonder what happened to him.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 04:30 PM

Crazy stories here too.

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy

I really feel for his family but what a way to go.

I like to think I would want to go in a similar fashion rather than in a hospital bed hooked up to machines
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by txtrophy85

I like to think I would want to go in a similar fashion rather than in a hospital bed hooked up to machines

A buddies dad went out like that, he had a massive heart attack while bear hunting in Alaska.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 06:00 PM

Wow

Terrible for a family to live with not knowing so many years and not truly being able to say goodbye and laying him to rest.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 06:12 PM

This ^^^^^^
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 09:40 PM

[quote=redchevy]I like to think I would want to go in a similar fashion rather than in a hospital bed hooked up to machines

Maybe he just had a heart attack or embolism burst, or maybe fell and hit his head and it was over very quick. Then again, maybe it was horrific. Maybe he was killed by animals. Maybe he fell and broke he back and was anchored in place and suffered through the elements for a few days until he finally died. Just because you die while out on a hunting trip doesn't mean it was a beautiful death.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
[quote=redchevy]I like to think I would want to go in a similar fashion rather than in a hospital bed hooked up to machines

Maybe he just had a heart attack or embolism burst, or maybe fell and hit his head and it was over very quick. Then again, maybe it was horrific. Maybe he was killed by animals. Maybe he fell and broke he back and was anchored in place and suffered through the elements for a few days until he finally died. Just because you die while out on a hunting trip doesn't mean it was a beautiful death.

Yeah I thought the same thing - could have been quick or could have been miserable and slow - I am amazed his wallet still had his ID that could be read after that many years
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/23/21 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy

Yeah I thought the same thing - could have been quick or could have been miserable and slow - I am amazed his wallet still had his ID that could be read after that many years

You guys are raining on my parade! I would prefer the other version.

Marc
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/24/21 02:48 AM

I too would like to die under a bush (no pun intended, well, maybe a little) somewhere, IF it was quick. On the other hand, although I hate hospitals with a purple passion, when it's your time, and it's long, drawn out, and painful, they have something I like very much - morphine. It also helps your family not to see you writhing in pain and out of your mind at the very end.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/24/21 05:15 AM

I have hunted that country for years, and it is some of the roughest in North America. I can easily believe you could go missing for decades, if you took one wrong mis-step!! I'm glad the family has some closure finally.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/24/21 10:53 AM

Very interesting story. I'm glad his family is finally able to properly close the book on his life.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/24/21 11:13 AM

One article said that he would have been 92 if still alive, so I guess he was 39 when he went missing. His wife is still alive.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/24/21 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
One article said that he would have been 92 if still alive, so I guess he was 39 when he went missing. His wife is still alive.

Wow I was guessing about how old his wife and kids would be. Yes he was 39 so she is prob close to 90.
Posted By: TXHunter0619

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/24/21 03:55 PM

Wild story! Good reminder to be careful where you step.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Hunter found after missing for 53 years - crazy - 09/24/21 10:27 PM

🙏
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum