Texas Hunting Forum

Brazos Bend SP

Posted By: jdk1985

Brazos Bend SP - 09/19/21 05:37 PM

I was drawn for Brazos Bend SP, for the December either sex hunt. Never bend. It is a dedicated blind hunt. What's it like out there?

Thanks
Posted By: rickym

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/19/21 05:43 PM

Lots of pigs coming into the area.
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/19/21 05:55 PM

Yes, it looks to be dedicated blinds. Click on the link for details.
Brazos Bend SP Hunt Area Details
Posted By: Espy

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/19/21 09:38 PM

Congrats on the draw. We have been camping there before. If it was a gator hunt you would have almost 100% success. It is a large park. We have seen quite a few deer and some nice bucks around the campgrounds and the trails. Would think it would be a neat place to deer hunt.good luck
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/20/21 12:53 PM

It is about 25 min from my house, and we like to go often and look at the gators. It is a bottomland swamp/woodland environment. There should be plenty of game there, just don't become the hunted! There are some magnum lizards there, and one time we watched a gator eat a doe.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/20/21 05:27 PM

Congrats sir
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/20/21 06:04 PM

I bet there are some swamp donkeys in there lurking, well the ones who can stay away from the gators...
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/20/21 06:53 PM

Can you use corn there? On my old spot I put my blind up close to a half a mile to where I parked. I use to leave a trail of corn as I walked in and kept an eye on that direction just in case. You would be surprised how many I killed that followed that trail.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/20/21 07:26 PM

Hmmm sounds like I shouda put in for this Hunt this year ...Next year for sure since Staff takes you to & from assigned blind. Thanks for the info.
Ron

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/20/21 08:36 PM

Great. Looking forward to dodging gators.

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/20/21 08:36 PM

Yes you can use corn on this hunt. Plan to do so.
Posted By: 8th1

Re: Brazos Bend SP - 09/23/21 03:15 AM

Big oak trees spread out. Lots of open areas, some blinds are in the thicker woods.
If it is not cold, use some kind of mosquito repellent. Be aware of snakes too.
Good Luck!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum