Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a Mule deer hunt Tx or NM

Posted By: Ctso030

Looking for a Mule deer hunt Tx or NM - 08/20/21 07:05 PM

I’m looking for a mule deer hunt for my wife and I. Don’t need any fancy accommodations. Open to guided or unguided but want an area where we have a good chance to get a shot . Any recommendations would be great
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Looking for a Mule deer hunt Tx or NM - 08/20/21 07:20 PM

You will just have to start calling through out fitters. Just run a search in the outfitter section for Mule deer, and call through. NM private land only are OTC
Posted By: freerange

Re: Looking for a Mule deer hunt Tx or NM - 08/21/21 06:14 PM

Folks may be more likely to point you in a direction if they had some idea of your budget. Also when you say "good chance to get a shot" it implies you are not picky about what you kill. If thats not the case you may want to spell out a little more about your expectations.
WELCOME TO OUR FORUM.
Posted By: Ctso030

Re: Looking for a Mule deer hunt Tx or NM - 08/22/21 11:17 PM

We are set up to shoot long distance, I’m not nesicaryly looking for a trophy animal , just a descent mount. We’re in good shape , I have a side by side, I am open to either a guided or non guided hunt
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Looking for a Mule deer hunt Tx or NM - 08/22/21 11:42 PM

Most Texas outfitters will be booked for this year and many are booked multiple years out....but some of them offer management buck hunts. Wildlife Systems or Desert Safaris both offer trophy and management hunts. You might look into Nebraska since they do offer an over the counter mule deer or whitetail tag.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Looking for a Mule deer hunt Tx or NM - 08/26/21 04:21 PM

Think about buying a PP for Wyoming.
The area we work for a ranching in can be drawn with 0-1 PP for NR and there are some sleeper big bucks in it.
I could maybe point you towards an outfitter for next year but not sure on availability and cost.

Cow elk tags are quite easy to get for the same area and private land is a must for that.

It is in historic country, Tom Horn country.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum