Texas Hunting Forum

Chest Freezer Prep

Posted By: Brother Phil

Chest Freezer Prep - 07/23/21 04:35 AM

Time to take a look at how much game meat I have from last season, and consume/give away before deer opening. I posted last Fall that I had a freezer go out, and the meat spoiled. Terrible feeling. This was during covid. I could not find a new freezer anywhere, and was able to repair the old one. One thing I bought was a freezer alarm. There is a sensor in the freezer, and a monitor inside the house. I found mine on Amazon, I think it was around $30.00. Well worth it. Good luck this season. I hope this helps someone.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Chest Freezer Prep - 07/23/21 11:06 AM

I put a freezer alarm on both of mine last year after a close call with one of them. Cheap piece of mind knowing everything is working.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Chest Freezer Prep - 07/23/21 12:52 PM

👍👍
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Chest Freezer Prep - 07/23/21 01:24 PM

Which freezer alarm are you guys using? I need to get two for my freezers. One is getting very old now and the other one...in the last 2 yrs I have had a package of frozen stuff fall and contact against the door, where it kept from closing all the way. I caught it both times and all the frozen packages inside were not completely thawed out. Just want an audible alarm so it don't happen again.
Posted By: ElkOne

Re: Chest Freezer Prep - 07/23/21 02:32 PM

We use YO LINK, got our freezers, our water, and lights all on one hub. Wife got it on Amazon, the work great.
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Chest Freezer Prep - 07/23/21 02:43 PM

I had a CFCI outlet trip a couple years ago and lost everything. It was stinking by the time I found it. I have since out in a dedicated, non-GFCI circuit that only runs my freezers. Never again.

I use the alarm below. Works as advertised and can monitor both my freezers at the same time.

(Upgraded Version) Brifit Refrigerator Thermometer, Wireless Digital Freezer Thermometer with 2 Sensors, Indoor Outdoor Thermometer with Audible Alarm Temperature Gauge for Freezer Kitchen Home https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B081374...BMZF182A8AD07JB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Chest Freezer Prep - 07/23/21 03:06 PM

My kids moved out this last year and I have a freezer full of venison that I've been giving away at work to make room for the new stuff. It's strange not having a bunch of mouths eating me out of house and home anymore. I think I miss it. grin
Posted By: Judd

Re: Chest Freezer Prep - 07/24/21 03:37 PM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XD68GX...6T79TND3FQZP2GG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this one a month or so ago. I’ve been happy thus far and this is one display unit that does 2 freezer/fridge (any combo, just have two sensors).
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum