Texas Hunting Forum

Old man Walmart score!

Posted By: Creekrunner

Old man Walmart score! - 06/25/21 11:46 PM

Grammy and the grandson had to go to Walmart. I tagged along. 'Grabbed some shoot-n-see targets, then this caught my eye, thrown against the back wall in a shamble of stuff...

[Linked Image]

No price. After walking to two different signs on the ceiling that said "Price Scanner" and finding no scanner on either of the I-beams, I asked the sweet young lady if she could tell me how much it was. (No, I did not ask to take her picture. bolt) She smiled and said "It says 5 dollars." Sold American! flag And - I think you can even charge it to warm your bohuncus in the cool weather. banana2 Even if it doesn't charge, the pad is at least 4" thick.

After getting my cardio moving an old tree stand that I'd found on the place, climbing up, sitting on the expanded metal, and wondering if my rear could stand 30 minutes, much less 3 hours, I feel like I made a great purchase. Buying something that I can use for under 2 figures gives me joy, I don't know why. grin Hell, I may go back and get the other two. They seem like they'd be great for getting a young 'un up high enough on a chair in a blind. up
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/25/21 11:52 PM

We all old farts need padding on our arse in da cold.

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/25/21 11:56 PM

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/26/21 12:15 AM

You ain't old, just a little Churchill soft.

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/26/21 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
You ain't old, just a little Churchill soft.

The Bulldog is one of my top 3 heroes! (And, probably the highest functioning alcoholic ever. up ) God save the Queen!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/26/21 12:21 AM

Good deal!
Posted By: FTWshooter

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/26/21 02:20 AM

A cushion is one of my “essentials” when hunting in the blind. I don’t know why but it always makes me think of John Wayne in The Shootist and the fancy red velvet pillow he sits on, and he “stole it from a whorehouse in Creed”

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/26/21 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by FTWshooter
A cushion is one of my “essentials” when hunting in the blind. I don’t know why but it always makes me think of John Wayne in The Shootist and the fancy red velvet pillow he sits on, and he “stole it from a whorehouse in Creed”

'Pretty sure I've been to Creed, but it was long a time ago, and I didn't visit the "soiled doves." up
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/26/21 11:58 AM

Great score! Useful and cheap.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/26/21 12:47 PM

Nice
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/26/21 01:42 PM

Great score! It's funny how some of the things we get excited about change with age.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/26/21 11:17 PM

Great purchase! up
This is what i sit on when it's cold... keeps the cheeks warm.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W0J524I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Posted By: Stub

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/27/21 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Good deal!

up
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Old man Walmart score! - 06/27/21 11:05 PM

Great deal!! We have a couple but you will need a small battery pack to run it. We use the small phone charging batteries but those things will keep your butt toasty up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum