Texas Hunting Forum

Taxidermy Movers

Posted By: flyfisherman

Taxidermy Movers - 06/16/21 12:53 AM

Anyone know of a good taxidermy mover they would recommend? I need 20-25 shoulder and full body mounts moved from Dallas to Wyoming.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Taxidermy Movers - 06/16/21 01:00 AM

I would use Trophy Transport

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Taxidermy Movers - 06/16/21 01:01 AM

Call one of the large taxidermist who ship all over the US. Most have their own trailer to move full loads of mounts to keep costs down. If you know someone with an enclose trailer that has plywood walls you can attach a piece of strip of 1/2" plywood or 1x6" to the back and then screw that piece of plywood/wood/mount to the wall. That is how one taxidermist I used in Houston moved mounts all over the state and US.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Taxidermy Movers - 06/16/21 02:22 AM

Lotta mounts, can I hunt with you?
Posted By: texfork

Re: Taxidermy Movers - 06/16/21 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by freerange
Lotta mounts, can I hunt with you?

Me too ?
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Taxidermy Movers - 06/16/21 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
Call one of the large taxidermist who ship all over the US. Most have their own trailer to move full loads of mounts to keep costs down. If you know someone with an enclose trailer that has plywood walls you can attach a piece of strip of 1/2" plywood or 1x6" to the back and then screw that piece of plywood/wood/mount to the wall. That is how one taxidermist I used in Houston moved mounts all over the state and US.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My cousin has a couple different guys that he uses to ship his mounts throughout the US and they do it exactly like stxranchman describes above.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Taxidermy Movers - 06/16/21 01:56 PM

Not near that many but we screw the plywood to the back and set them on the floor of the trailer and screw that down if needed. Life size get a wooden crate when our taxi ships.

Where you moving to up this way ?
Welcome, leave your dang heat in Texas though, we've had enough 90's this week for a lifetime!
Posted By: flyfisherman

Re: Taxidermy Movers - 06/16/21 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Wytex
Not near that many but we screw the plywood to the back and set them on the floor of the trailer and screw that down if needed. Life size get a wooden crate when our taxi ships.

Welcome, leave your dang heat in Texas though, we've had enough 90's this week for a lifetime!

I’ve got 10,000 acres in Cody. Building a building a 30’x90’ barn with 20’ ceilings because I’ve run out of room for my taxidermy and toys.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Taxidermy Movers - 06/16/21 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by flyfisherman
Originally Posted by Wytex

I’ve got 10,000 acres in Cody. Building a building a 30’x90’ barn with 20’ ceilings because I’ve run out of room for my taxidermy and toys.

Can I come play at your house??

Wow, beautiful country up there.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Taxidermy Movers - 06/16/21 06:38 PM

Nice !
Hope you find a good carrier for your trophies.
Cody is a neat town, Is there still the guns and liquor stove combo in town ?

Hope you're cooler up there than we are here in Laramie.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum