Texas Hunting Forum

Wheeled Hunting Blinds

Posted By: Reloder28

Wheeled Hunting Blinds - 05/12/21 01:11 AM

Looking for ideas on mobile hunting blinds. Nothing elaborate requiring a tractor or truck. Want to pull it around with my Pioneer. Needs to be street legal.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Wheeled Hunting Blinds - 05/12/21 01:17 AM

Pul it with my Pioneer. 8x6 Fiberglass. Add lights and a plate, it's road capable.

[Linked Image]

Charlie
Posted By: Dove Murderer

Re: Wheeled Hunting Blinds - 05/12/21 01:26 AM

I don’t have pics, but I have an Atascosa 5x5 trailer blind. It’s been great.

Not exactly street legal, but I did tow it from Jourdanton TX to Chester TX with my truck. Placed it on the lease with my Pioneer. Expensive but solid.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Wheeled Hunting Blinds - 05/12/21 11:38 AM

I used a 5x8 trailer, nice portable blind, when season was over, pulled it home and could use it for other chores
Posted By: freerange

Re: Wheeled Hunting Blinds - 05/12/21 02:44 PM

I assume that a Pioneer is some kind of utv/atv and not a vehicle. Since you want it street legal I assume you would pull down the road with truck but around the lease with the atv. If thats the case then I would think any small trailer with a blind on it would work.
What I have several of are pulled with a truck at all times. They are tall and heavy and especially top heavy. Several of them hinge in half to get them low enough to go down road legally. I could post pics but sounds like mine arent what you want. Whatever you end up with just keep in mind that if its top heavy at all that it could blow over if not tied down. Usually some type outriggers on each corner would help but not fix that.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Wheeled Hunting Blinds - 05/12/21 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
I assume that a Pioneer is some kind of utv/atv and not a vehicle.

It's what all the really cool hunters drive nowadays...

[Linked Image]

Charlie
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Wheeled Hunting Blinds - 05/15/21 03:03 AM

Mine’s a 2 seater, not the big fancy machine. Strictly utilitarian.

Currently, my blind is framed in 4 aluminum panels that collapse for travel on the road. I will be pulling it behind my camper on my initial lease trip pre-season. The blind is set up in a bit of lowlands surrounded by trees, so the wind is not much of a factor.

Reckon I’ll buy a 4x8 from Lowes. The low slung mower trailers they sell are perfect for my need. They are also lightweight to make it easier to tow when loaded.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Wheeled Hunting Blinds - 05/15/21 04:37 PM

I would like to see the collapsible blind. I’m into flexibility and mobility and versatility etc.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Wheeled Hunting Blinds - 05/15/21 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
Pul it with my Pioneer. 8x6 Fiberglass. Add lights and a plate, it's road capable.

[Linked Image]

Charlie

What brand blind is that?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum