Texas Hunting Forum

chili recipce

Posted By: tlk

chili recipce - 01/26/21 12:53 AM

wifey made this tonight - she is a world class cook

venison chili - small amount of beans (I know that is horrible) - best I have ever eaten - give it a try

[Linked Image]
Posted By: decook

Re: chili recipce - 01/27/21 01:15 PM

Tag for later. Thanks tlk
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: chili recipce - 01/27/21 01:30 PM

Ain't real chili. I don't think I have ever taken the time to make chicken stock to put in my chili. To make it worse it has beans in it. roflmao
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: chili recipce - 01/27/21 02:24 PM

I'd probly do 2 cans rotel instead of 1 and more chili powder and use beer instead of chicken stock. beans or no beans I don't care.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: chili recipce - 01/27/21 05:59 PM

cheers up food

Translation

Damn that looks like a gooden...
flag
Posted By: rbscooter

Re: chili recipce - 01/27/21 06:35 PM

Leave the beans out
Posted By: dkershen

Re: chili recipce - 01/27/21 06:43 PM

Has most of the base ingredients covered. Here's how to fix it. (Just my .02 cents). Strike the beans (Optional my azz). Double the chili powder and put it directly onto the venison as it browns to impregnate the meat. Add a tablespoon of Cumin. Add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Add a cup of beer. Simmer at least an hour to thicken with the top off of the pan.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: chili recipce - 01/27/21 10:34 PM

πŸ‘πŸ‘
Posted By: don k

Re: chili recipce - 01/27/21 11:16 PM

Tuff crowd.

Re: chili recipce - 01/28/21 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by don k
Tuff crowd.

I love it - all this over a damn bowl of chili I ate!
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: chili recipce - 01/28/21 04:52 AM

Thanks for sharing tlk. Looks good.
Posted By: JCO

Re: chili recipce - 01/28/21 05:35 AM

Chili is like Bourbon. However you like it is fine with me.

It all ends up here in the end. flush
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: chili recipce - 01/28/21 06:17 AM

As long as you guys are alive and cooking for people that you care about, nothing else matters. up

Simple meat and bread sandwiches are sometimes the best meals ever.

It's all about who you're breaking bread with.

As I'm sure you know Sir.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: chili recipce - 01/28/21 11:38 AM

Meat and bread? I can recall mayo & bread sandwiches with the cousins. Sometimes, putting a mater on top was special.
Posted By: Bbquman

Re: chili recipce - 01/28/21 04:16 PM

Always remember that anyone can cook your recipe but that no one else can cook your chili.
Two cooks preparing the same recipe at the same time using the same ingredients will end up with two different pots. It’s nearly impossible even for the same cook to make the same chili two times in a row.

For years I tried the casi , terlingua chili winning , old newspaper recipes buying all the various chili powders and spices available. I enjoy doctoring it up on the fly . Most of the the time it turns out palatable.
I just have to remember what I did to try and recreate the recipe or process.
Competition chili is different than home eating chili. Fix it the way you want
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: chili recipce - 01/28/21 04:19 PM

Gosh TLK, administrator of your deer lease, forcing others to agree to passing up trophy deer on a low fence ranch, can't even spell recipe correctly, over your private message limit and now, beans in your chili. C'mon man!

Re: chili recipce - 01/28/21 04:51 PM

Yeah I saw where I misspelled recipe but it was too late to correct - and I am a former high school English teacher! Shame on me
Posted By: BassBuster1

Re: chili recipce - 01/28/21 08:34 PM

Just had some Monday night at our little deer camp for doe patrol! I love frito pie with spicy to the point of giving me heart burn venison chili! We eat frito pie for two days when we cook it and then if there is any left, we eat chili dogs to finish it off!
Posted By: freerange

Re: chili recipce - 01/28/21 08:41 PM

I knew you taught/coached, but I didnt realize it was English. Ill be watching your posts more closely from now on.......
Posted By: 1955

Re: chili recipce - 01/30/21 09:41 PM

No worries I misspell words all the time lol!
Posted By: Orion

Re: chili recipce - 01/31/21 07:43 AM

Hey---all chili should have lots of pinto beans, black beans and kidney beans. And two diced twinkies.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum