Texas Hunting Forum

Best cellular game cameras?

Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Best cellular game cameras? - 12/16/20 04:23 AM

I have limited experience with Moultrie and SPYPOINT, the latter of which I’ve been advised to be cautious of. I’m looking to eventually have 4-5 cameras running at any given time with, hopefully, solar panels charging them, and want to get pics sent to my phone without paying a ton of money each month. IE - an unlimited plan would be nice! Obviously I want sharp images as well.

Whatcha suggest? Anyone run similar set ups that are proving to work well?

Thanks!
-George
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/16/20 10:28 AM

Reveal Tactacam
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/17/20 03:56 AM

There are lots of threads on this subject. Reveal Tactacam is $100, but you can't find it anywhere at all. I like mine, but it does drain 12 batteries about every month. Pictures aren't as crisp as my Spartan, but the camera and data plan are significantly cheaper, too.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/17/20 03:07 PM

I have three Stealh Cam Fusions with the solar battery pack accessory. I won't say they take the best pictures in the world, but, all in all, I'm glad that I bought them. The drive to my lease is 250 miles, so its very nice to have an idea what's happening out there before I make the drive.
Posted By: SNKETR

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/17/20 05:20 PM

I've had my Reveal Tactacam up for a couple week now. For the short time it's been up I'm happy with it.
Posted By: JDP Ranch

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/18/20 01:49 AM

I run Spartan game cameras. Cost a bit more than others and the plans are also a bit more expensive, but they are consistent and I really like the interface.
Posted By: Daddybigbuck

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/18/20 03:56 AM

I run 2 Spartans and love them. If you have a Verizon plan and have good service at your property you can add them to your plan for $5 each per month unlimited. Camera cost more up front but long term cost you less to run. I have found the video option to be very helpful. Like JDP said they are easy to operate and consistent.
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/18/20 12:40 PM

Moultrie for me. No antenna for squirrels to chew on or coons to swing on. I had three go bad they replaced all three, one was old discontinued model that was three years old. I knew two were bad, the tech guy emailed me and said I needed to pull camera xxxx that it was not uploading and he would replace it too.

I have 6 or 7 mv6000 and they take good picture and moultrie has a really good app.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/18/20 01:13 PM

I went with the RidgeTec Lookout this year and it's my first cellular camera. Comes with AT&T and Verizon SIMs so you can use whatever has the strongest signal at your hunting property and the camera will also take a 64GB SD card. It seems to pickup the cellular signal better than my phone. I have the 30k photo/1.5GB plan for about $30 bucks a month. Pics are good enough for what I need.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/20/20 03:21 AM

$30 a month??!! That’s insane. Spartan at $20 is overprice, but that’s way too much.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/20/20 11:16 AM

Tacticam unlimited - $13 monthly.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/20/20 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
$30 a month??!! That’s insane. Spartan at $20 is overprice, but that’s way too much.

To each his own, and they have all types of plans for all budgets and include different resolution levels and numbers of pics. But pics with enough resolution you can actually use or determine any type of size, age, health, or whatever- in all my searches I ain't found a free plan yet. I'm over 1,000 miles from my place and I cannot afford to get into the cellular cam business and only get pixelated garbage pics. In my position, a dollar a day for a few months a year isn't a bad investment.

I researched, read all the reviews, watched videos, listened to opinions, and picked the best cam and plan for me at the time. You should do the same, but YMMV.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/20/20 07:34 PM

I have a Spypoint Cell-Link that I bought to use with one of my existing cameras. I have tried it on 2 of my cams and it works great. Good cell strength and battery life has been good. They are easy to set up and plans are up to unlimited pics for $15/month. No setup fees or contracts. I had had some issues but it was more with the camera than the Cell-Link. They are lower in price now. I did a firmware update after I got it and then recently when it stopped working due to moisture. I have a friend who has two and has not had any issues with his. They will work with a lot of cameras but some are better than others.
Posted By: glens

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/20/20 10:23 PM

Do some camears use different carriers beside verizon and att? Went with cricket (att spin off) and paying half price the att phone was. Runs off same network and towers.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/20/20 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by kry226
I went with the RidgeTec Lookout this year and it's my first cellular camera. Comes with AT&T and Verizon SIMs so you can use whatever has the strongest signal at your hunting property and the camera will also take a 64GB SD card. It seems to pickup the cellular signal better than my phone. I have the 30k photo/1.5GB plan for about $30 bucks a month. Pics are good enough for what I need.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice pics
Posted By: Daddybigbuck

Re: Best cellular game cameras? - 12/21/20 03:34 AM

Glens yes but not sure any offer Cricket... On most of the cellular cameras the service you have on your phone doesn't really matter. The camera is its on device and will have to have a plan for that device usually through the maker of the camera . So you can have a At&T camera and a Cricket phone and receive pictures on your phone typically through an app. I hope this helps.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum