Texas Hunting Forum

80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window

Posted By: ErnestTBass

80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/06/20 07:09 PM

Grandma's Still Got It...

Pretty cool story.

Sorry if already posted and I didn't see it.
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/06/20 08:14 PM

The town near where she killed the buck, Kennard is only about 10 miles from my place in Houston County. Large deer are in that area but so far no luck for me!! hammer cry deer2
Posted By: twdjr

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/06/20 08:16 PM

up And a nice one too!
Posted By: dkershen

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/06/20 10:02 PM

Go Granny Lucy! up
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/06/20 10:21 PM

Nice buck...too bad now she will have about 500 rednecks trespassing on her property and when they get caught every one of them will say, "Hyuk Hyuk we thought this was the National Forest"

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Posted By: tlk

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/06/20 10:22 PM

you go Granny
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/06/20 10:37 PM

I read that- good job to her
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 01:47 AM

up
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 02:05 AM

Good girl! Dang nice buck too.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 02:14 AM

Great story! I had a back neighbor that always got his deer through the bathroom window, up into his mid-90s. Tough ol' square-head.
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 10:55 AM

I wonder what was for lunch. grin
Posted By: redhaze

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 10:59 AM

clap
Posted By: Stub

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 12:01 PM

Atta girl Luce cheers

Of all the bucks she has shot in her lifetime, Luce claims this one is by far the biggest.

“When I saw all those horns I thought was I seeing things — I’d never seen anything like it,” she said. “I got so excited about that deer that I can’t even remember what I was fixing for lunch.”

There was plenty to get excited about. Sporting 11 scorable points, including a split brow tine, the buck has been taped at 1602/8 gross as a non-typical by Jacob Carter at McCarty Taxidermy.

“It’s a really neat looking deer,” Carter said. “And what a neat story. It’s not every day you hear about an 80-year-old woman shooting a big buck out of her kitchen window.”

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 01:10 PM

That's' my kind of grandma! up
Posted By: ErnestTBass

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 03:32 PM

Her husband, who was kicked back in a living room recliner watching television at the time, said he had no idea his wife was even looking at a deer until the rifle barked.

“She watches them all time when she’s in the kitchen,” he said. “Right after the shot she hollered, ‘Well, that was the big one, Daddy.’ That’s when I put my boots on, got on the tractor and went to load him up. He didn’t go far. She doesn’t miss very often.”
Posted By: pine knott

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 03:34 PM

If that don't put a smile on your face, you ain't right.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 03:38 PM

clap
Posted By: ErikL

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 04:42 PM

awesome
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ErnestTBass
Her husband, who was kicked back in a living room recliner watching television at the time, said he had no idea his wife was even looking at a deer until the rifle barked.

“She watches them all time when she’s in the kitchen,” he said. “Right after the shot she hollered, ‘Well, that was the big one, Daddy.’ That’s when I put my boots on, got on the tractor and went to load him up. He didn’t go far. She doesn’t miss very often.”

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see his reaction when the rifle "barked". I got a chuckle picturing it in my head.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by ErnestTBass

clap
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/07/20 07:09 PM

frickin awesome!
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: 80 Year Old Grandmother Shoots Big Buck From Kitchen Window - 12/08/20 02:31 AM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum