Texas Hunting Forum

Columbia PHG

Posted By: Texas Dan

Columbia PHG - 12/03/20 04:58 PM

Every time I wear something made by Columbia I'm reminded how well all their products work at keeping you warm and dry. IMO, Columbia makes the highest performing and yet most affordable hunting clothes you can buy. I have no interest in paying more for some label that's supposed to impress others.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Columbia PHG - 12/03/20 05:12 PM

We'll agree to disagree. I find Columbia loud with clumsy zippers that half the time aren't taped.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Columbia PHG - 12/03/20 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by TLew
We'll agree to disagree. I find Columbia loud with clumsy zippers that half the time aren't taped.

What’s not critically seam sealed in PHG line that says waterproof? And what zippers arent taped?

My only complaint on Columbia hunting line is its to small. What they do they do right. Especially waterfowl and upland(the best price point jackets on market). Big game lines to small to really quantify, fleece, wool, puffy and an insulated soft shell. Rest is more lifestyle.

Posted By: TLew

Re: Columbia PHG - 12/04/20 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

What’s not critically seam sealed in PHG line that says waterproof? And what zippers arent taped?

My only complaint on Columbia hunting line is its to small. What they do they do right. Especially waterfowl and upland(the best price point jackets on market). Big game lines to small to really quantify, fleece, wool, puffy and an insulated soft shell. Rest is more lifestyle.

I shot my deer this year with a PHG shirt on, but I refuse to buy their outerwear after zipper failures and leakage at the zippers. That's my experience. Not questioning seams except for the one my belly rests against
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Columbia PHG - 12/04/20 04:35 AM

Thanks to this thread, I feel like a fool for spending $200 on a black kuiu guide jacket when I could have got pretty much the same thing for $59 on Columbia’s website...
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Columbia PHG - 12/04/20 02:36 PM

Did you buy it at Garvens?
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Columbia PHG - 12/04/20 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
Did you buy it at Garvens?

The only thing they sell there is over priced jerkey, Pakistani knives and leather bike gear
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Columbia PHG - 12/04/20 02:56 PM

I thought you mighta gotten the biker model.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Columbia PHG - 12/04/20 02:56 PM

^^^^ This is my problem with Columbia. I'm an aluminum foil convert...something about that shiney crap is just warm wink
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Columbia PHG - 12/04/20 05:13 PM

I shot my deer this year with a PHG shirt on, but I refuse to buy their outerwear after zipper failures and leakage at the zippers. That's my experience. Not questioning seams except for the one my belly rests against

I'd send it back. I sent a 10 year old jacket for something I tore up and they sent me the new model.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Columbia PHG - 12/06/20 02:01 PM

I like them too
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum