Texas Hunting Forum

received this last night

Posted By: garyrapp55

received this last night - 10/15/20 03:48 PM

I'll be grandfathered in. When my son gets his rifle, hopefully soon, he'll have to take it and honestly, I think that's a good thing for him.

! New Long Range Qualification Procedures !

Beginning October 12, 2020 Fossil Pointe will require that anyone wishing to shoot Long Range MUST attend the Long Range Qualification Orientation. This orientation will give each participant an opportunity to understand the range expectations, range rules, range limitations, as well as a general understanding of ballistics. This orientation will be mandatory to become qualified to use the Fossil Pointe Long Range. While this course is required, it will not guarantee qualification. Shooters will be expected to demonstrate safe firearm handling, as well as the skills necessary to shoot beyond 300yds.
Anyone previously qualified will be grandfathered as a qualified shooter; however, previously qualified shooters are encouraged to attend this course. Guests with known ability may be exempt from the Qualification Course at the discretion of Fossil Pointe management.

Upcoming Long Range Qualification Courses:

Sunday October, 18th 1:00-4:00pm
Sunday October, 25th 1:00-4:00pm
Sunday November 8th 1:00-4:00pm
Sunday Nobember 29th 1:00-4:00pm

Cost: $89
Must pre-register to guarantee a spot.

Required Equipment:
Match grade ammo, 40-60 rounds
Shooting Mat
Sand Bag
Bipod

*Benches are available but are first come, first serve.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: received this last night - 10/15/20 04:17 PM

I guess they had too many hacks that "thought' they were long range shooters causing issues. I know the owners out at Fossil Pointe, and they are good people. Wouldn't have put this policy in place if it weren't needed.
Posted By: Red Pill

Re: received this last night - 10/15/20 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
I guess they had too many hacks that "thought' they were long range shooters causing issues. I know the owners out at Fossil Pointe, and they are good people. Wouldn't have put this policy in place if it weren't needed.

I'm not a long range shooter, but you're right about the folks at Fossil Pointe.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: received this last night - 10/17/20 12:15 AM

Makes sense to me. Lots of folks think they can purchase a gun that states "Long Range" and start slinging lead down range. My wife and I have thousands of dollars invested in the sport and enjoy the long range shooting game.
Make them qualify and show they are worthy at it.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: received this last night - 10/17/20 12:16 PM

They may have had incidents like this at a range that I attended:
A guy showed up with a new rifle and scope and had the range office bore-site it for him. He then went straight to the 200 yard targets and was standing shooting. He was complaining that he could not see where the bullets were hitting.
That will get you kicked off of a range.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum