Texas Hunting Forum

Evant & Purmela Area

Posted By: HLo

Evant & Purmela Area - 10/14/20 02:44 PM

What is hunting like in this area. May have secured a 100 acre lease with about 65% trees and cedar cover with about 35% open grass land. Has AR restrictions helped the area. Just curios what deer / hog numbers are like. Just wanting a place to shoot a doe / hog on occasion and get away.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Evant & Prumela Area - 10/14/20 02:47 PM

If you don't have trigger happy neighbors, you should see quite a few deer. Also plenty of hogs around. Most mature bucks will score 120ish with an occasional 130 showing up. A few random axis beginning to show up. Most people aren't shooting them right now hoping to get a free range herd established.
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Evant & Prumela Area - 10/14/20 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
If you don't have trigger happy neighbors, you should see quite a few deer. Also plenty of hogs around. Most mature bucks will score 120ish with an occasional 130 showing up. A few random axis beginning to show up. Most people aren't shooting them right now hoping to get a free range herd established.

Axis?! We hunt west of there (Caradan & Pottsville) and have not seen them...
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Evant & Prumela Area - 10/14/20 09:26 PM

I drive through there 2 or 3 times a week and I've seen 3 over the last couple of months. They hang close to the creeks.
Posted By: booskay

Re: Evant & Prumela Area - 10/15/20 12:26 AM

"""""" If you dont have trigger happy neighbors""""" ding ding ding ------- what surrounds the land??? That will answer your inquiry.
Posted By: HLo

Re: Evant & Prumela Area - 10/15/20 05:10 PM

Thanks,,,would be neat to see some Axis.
Posted By: Chaseh

Re: Evant & Prumela Area - 10/15/20 05:22 PM

Some friends hunted in Pearl for several years. Occasionally they had GOOD (135 at best) bucks, but mostly smaller. Few pigs. Lots of deer, and a lot of black buck.

A spot we occasionally bird hunt in Purmela is mostly grasslands and butts up to heavy cedar property. Very few deer and pigs seen there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum