Texas Hunting Forum

The timer

Posted By: krod777

The timer - 10/07/20 03:57 PM

Anybody know how many lbs of corn are thrown per second? Lost my box they came in and trying to get a idea of how long a feeder full of corn will last Thanks for any replys!!
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: The timer - 10/07/20 04:17 PM

That all depends on how close you have the spinner to the down spout. In my experience, I will get around 1 lb for a 3 second throw.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: The timer - 10/07/20 04:18 PM

Hold a five gallon bucket under it and run the test.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: The timer - 10/07/20 04:25 PM

It can vary greatly. It all depends on how far the spinner of the motor is from the hole the corn comes out of.
The best and easiest way to truly find out is to set it off while holding a 5 gallon bucket over the motor. Then
weigh the corn and divide by the number of seconds that you ran the motor and that will tell you how much
you are throwing per second.
Or you can count them. One pound of corn consists of approximately 1,300 kernels. LOL, I would weigh them,
but then, that's just me.
Posted By: Sparta

Re: The timer - 10/07/20 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
It can vary greatly. It all depends on how far the spinner of the motor is from the hole the corn comes out of.
The best and easiest way to truly find out is to set it off while holding a 5 gallon bucket over the motor. Then
weigh the corn and divide by the number of seconds that you ran the motor and that will tell you how much
you are throwing per second.
Or you can count them. One pound of corn consists of approximately 1,300 kernels. LOL, I would weigh them,
but then, that's just me.

rofl
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: The timer - 10/07/20 09:26 PM

Likes been posted already it all depends on the battery and the distance the plate is from the funnel. I have 29 series marine batteries on my feeders with roughly a 3/8” gap and I throw about a pound a second. Mine will throw approximately 15 yards in each direction and I throw 8-9 seconds each time.
Use a bucket and set it off to measure it, I feed a lot clap but I keep a ton of pigs around to blast to lol
Posted By: krod777

Re: The timer - 10/08/20 07:05 PM

Thanks for the replys.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum