Texas Hunting Forum

Handgun and antlerleas deer during archery season

Posted By: NastyNate33

Handgun and antlerleas deer during archery season - 09/27/20 07:34 PM

I’m hunting the sam Houston forest this year during archery season and I can’t figure out if I can take antlerless deer with a bow with my license tag. I’m seeing mixed answers online. Essentially do I need an additional tag to bow hunt antlerless deer in the Sam Houston forest. Also I’m 19 years old and I’m wondering if I’m allowed to carry a handgun for protection during archery season. (Open carry on my hip)
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: Handgun and antlerleas deer during archery season - 09/27/20 09:22 PM

Call a local GW.
Posted By: upsslim

Re: Handgun and antlerleas deer during archery season - 09/28/20 12:32 PM

if you have a LTC you can carry on WMA's. Don't know a for sure about National forest land but I don't think you can carry. I know you can't on Corps land. Call the GW to be sure.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Handgun and antlerleas deer during archery season - 09/28/20 02:10 PM

Phone: (936) 569-8547
Address:
8096 FM 2782
Nacogdoches, TX 75964

Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: Handgun and antlerleas deer during archery season - 09/28/20 02:18 PM

If you have a CCL, then yes you can carry your weapon,and yes you can hunt antlerless deer in the Sam Houston Nat Forest during archery season, you'll need APH permit and a Archery endorsement on your licenses, No anterless during General Season,unless you have drawn a USFS anterless permit. Lots of hunters read into the laws and rules, so don't feel bad about asking. btw no bait/ corn allowed. Good luck dead_horse
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Handgun and antlerleas deer during archery season - 10/02/20 12:48 AM

If you get online at www.tpwd.texas.gov, you can pose a question & within a few days you’ll get a reply Straight from the horses mouth.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum