Texas Hunting Forum

Celluar camera

Posted By: Lotto

Celluar camera - 09/08/20 03:43 PM

Have a friend wanting one to keep track on his hog traps... Any suggestions on good-inexpensive cameras...... in Texas Panhandle region for phone service Thanks
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Celluar camera - 09/08/20 04:18 PM

There has been several threads in the past month on here in the Open Hunting Discussion, Deer Hunting and in the Hunting gear sections on here. Just do a quick search thru the pages of each of those sections to find the threads. I bought a SpyPoint-Link cell system to use on my existing trail cams. It was cheap, simple to setup and works great for my needs. No setup fees or contracts...you can do month to month or pay year round(cheapest). I paid $59.99 for mine and use it on an 8 yr old Primos Truth cam. It uses 8 AA batteries, AA Lithium rechargeable pack or can be hooked up to a 12 volt battery with solar panel. I used the cheap AA alkalines in mine and have 97% battery life left after 10 days of use and sending over 400 pics in that time. I used this older camera since the batteries last a long time. For me it was a cheap option to test in an area with poor cell service, already owning 7 different brands of trail cams and no setup fees. I found out it has better signal on this system than my cell phone does in the same location.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Celluar camera - 09/08/20 04:18 PM

The new Stealth Cam Fusion is on sale for $99 **today** at Midway. I have three and recommend it, if you have reasonable expectations for a moderately priced camera. I've got AT&T service with mine, fwiw. I suggest that you also get the external battery/solar pack that's optional ($55/midway).
Posted By: Pigmaster Yoda

Re: Celluar camera - 09/08/20 08:42 PM

I bought a spypoint Link as well. $99 you can get Verizon or att. Best of 7 cameras we have. In fact My brother just bought another To put up since we have issues with the others. It hasn’t been a year yet, but we are averaging 2000 pics a month on it. For the price it’s worth it. Academy sells them for $99 and on the spypoint site 149$ I think.

Worth it either way as we have multiple $50-$100+ cameras that rarely work.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Celluar camera - 09/09/20 02:15 AM

I have the spy point evolution which works really good and the spypoint micro that's ok but is a good entry level mobile Camera. You just have to update them if they stop taking pics with and SD card.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Celluar camera - 09/09/20 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lotto
Have a friend wanting one to keep track on his hog traps... Any suggestions on good-inexpensive cameras...... in Texas Panhandle region for phone service Thanks

Ridgetec but they ain’t cheap, but neither is a good rifle..
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum