Texas Hunting Forum

Thoughts on a stand

Posted By: Josey Wales

Thoughts on a stand - 07/20/20 12:44 AM

Ok, here’s my dilemma. I have a spot that a ladder stand or a hang on won’t work but has some tall trees 30’+ For cover. 90% of the time I’ll have one of my boys hunting with me.

Do I go quad pod or elevated pop up?

Answers with explanations would be awesome.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Thoughts on a stand - 07/20/20 02:26 AM

I’m confused on what is limiting your choices. You have eliminated the ladder and lock on. Why isn’t any other type stand in the whole world available as an option. Does it have to be mobile or temporary or lightweight or what? I’m not trying to be a smarty, I just don’t know the limitation to your options.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Thoughts on a stand - 07/20/20 02:52 AM

Build a tree house, with a GOOD ladder, or better a staircase type stairs. Had one in a pecan tree that was almost livable in the late 70's, I spent the night in it several times. .
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Thoughts on a stand - 07/20/20 02:59 AM

If it is the trees are that tall I would just build a box blind that is large enough to hunt at least 2 or 3 people. I would put it up on a 4 or 5' tall tower to gain a little elevation and still be able to see under the trees or into them better. With a box blind you will all be more comfortable and keep the noise inside. It will be great on windy, cold, hot or rainy type days when you boys are hunting with you. With good windows you will not limit yourself to hunting with marginal winds also. No matter how tall you build the blind or get a quad pod you will not be able see over the trees.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum