Texas Hunting Forum

Phone Scope

Posted By: Gumbeaux

Phone Scope - 07/17/20 05:09 PM

Has anyone every used one of those big lenses that clips on your phone? Supposed to give you a lot of zoom without having to try to take pics through your scope, binos, etc.

Curious if they work. We're always texting pictures back and forth from the blinds.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Phone Scope - 07/19/20 10:00 PM

Ive tried all sorts of stuff for that purpose with varied results. I had like mini zoom lens that attached to phone and cant even remember trying it out. Must of had some issue. Maybe it was impossible to steady. The attachment that serves as a cover for your phone that then attaches to spotting scope I thought they called a "phone scope". Foxworthy was on the promo. It really works good. I eventually just bought a camera that zooms REALLLY far and has bluebooth to send to phone. Love it.
Posted By: B_Man

Re: Phone Scope - 07/20/20 11:45 AM

I got one from the kids and wife for a Christmas present in the past and was excited to use it but my phone went on the
blink and had to get a new one. Guess what- new phone did not fit phone scope camera hole openings and I wanted to sent it back to get
one that fits my phone but they would not do it. They wanted me to buy a new one. Just realize it my work good for your current phone but things don't line up when
you go to a new or different phone. Just an FYI that may help others when making a decision.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Phone Scope - 07/20/20 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by B_Man
I got one from the kids and wife for a Christmas present in the past and was excited to use it but my phone went on the
blink and had to get a new one. Guess what- new phone did not fit phone scope camera hole openings and I wanted to sent it back to get
one that fits my phone but they would not do it. They wanted me to buy a new one. Just realize it my work good for your current phone but things don't line up when
you go to a new or different phone. Just an FYI that may help others when making a decision.

Been my only hesitation. It has to fit your phone and binocular model.
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Phone Scope - 07/21/20 12:51 PM

they work but there are 2 other issues aside from the chance that your phone will not fit the bracket....1) nearly impossible to hold steady for pics so you'll need some type of mount...really difficult if the target is moving 2) the clarity of the lens is not good enough for me...I could never seem to get it in focus... I can get better pics thru my binocs but it is difficult
Posted By: fonzie

Re: Phone Scope - 07/21/20 01:51 PM

I have one, forget what it’s called got it the extravaganza last year. The phone mount can adjust to any smart phone with or without a case. If anyone is interested I’ll get it out and take a few pics of it
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Phone Scope - 07/21/20 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by fonzie
I have one, forget what it’s called got it the extravaganza last year. The phone mount can adjust to any smart phone with or without a case. If anyone is interested I’ll get it out and take a few pics of it

I'm curious Fonzie. Would love to see what it can do.
Posted By: fonzie

Re: Phone Scope - 07/21/20 10:40 PM

[Linked Image]
I believe I paid 80 for it then I got a nice camera for an anniversary gift so only used it once. Works well, if interested PM me an offer and we can get it shipped
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum