Texas Hunting Forum

TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings

Posted By: ndhunter

TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/09/20 01:43 PM

Any entries for the TPWD Big Time Hunts? Anybody have any experience winning?

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt/public/btth/
Posted By: Black02z28

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/09/20 02:29 PM

I pick up a few ever year, yet to win. Fingers crossed

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/09/20 03:51 PM

I think I may try my hand on a couple
Posted By: Blank

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/09/20 05:37 PM

One of the best uses of sportsman's money in Texas. The odds of actually winning are bad, but there is always a chance if you buy a couple entries. I spend more on a burger and fries, or a couple drinks than they cost and can well afford to make a small donation every year. Buy your chance, forget all about it, and if they call you then have the best hunt of your life!!!
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/09/20 06:44 PM

I make a yearly donation to handful of those hunts.
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/09/20 08:18 PM

I sign up for a few each year, but have never been drawn. I do like the excitment of "What if"!

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/09/20 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Blank
One of the best uses of sportsman's money in Texas. The odds of actually winning are bad, but there is always a chance if you buy a couple entries. I spend more on a burger and fries, or a couple drinks than they cost and can well afford to make a small donation every year. Buy your chance, forget all about it, and if they call you then have the best hunt of your life!!!

Good advice
Posted By: majekman

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/10/20 12:09 AM

Yep it’s a good deal. I know a guy that knows a guy that got drawn on trophy hunt. Guy was 60yo and nothing but a dirt poor meat hunter all his life on small acreage. The hunt blew him away and he harvested like a 160 class deer. My bud said he still talks about it several years later.
Cool deal
Posted By: Dave Scott

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/10/20 12:33 AM

Same thing, like winning the lottery but goes to good use. I get just a couple.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/10/20 01:51 AM

Thanks for the reminder to make my TPWD donation. Money well spent.
Posted By: Erny

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/10/20 02:28 AM

Never have won it, but always buy several entries every year.
Posted By: jnd59

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/10/20 03:21 AM

I know of someone on another forum. He won the grand slam. Desert bighorn, mule and whitetail. Good times. Go ahead and put your money in but I heard from a little birdy that the fix is in and I'ma sure thing. Same for the the private land pronghorn.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/10/20 04:04 PM

Made my annual donation. Spend it well TPWD! up
Posted By: duckkillah

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/11/20 03:14 PM

My girlfriend & I were selected for a gator hunt at Murphree a couple years ago. She is not a hunter at all, but loves gators and was really excited about going. First time I had ever put in, so we were very fortunate to be drawn. That was the year that Harvey hit and all the coastal hunts were scraped. I definitely understood the hunts being cancelled....a lot of people had it really bad, but I was rather disappointed that the permits we had already purchased were simply refunded and not carried over to the next year. I've put in every year since and we haven't gotten lucky again yet! Fingers crossed for this year!
Posted By: pmnitro

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/11/20 08:24 PM

I generally donate to the draw hunts. May never win,just a few bucks.... Will be sweeeeet when I win. clap
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/12/20 03:21 PM

Two THF’er have drawn the granddaddy of all tags, so it’s highly probable a THF’er will draw it again, just saying.....

It’s the cheapest raffle ticket in North America. There isn’t a cheaper raffle tag out there. I enter a lot of raffles. The ones with Apple Pay are dangerous. THF please don’t offer Apple Pay roflmao
Posted By: Sim69z28

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/12/20 07:01 PM

I had 12 preference points for whitetail gun and drew a tag last year for hunt at Gene Howe WMA in the panhandle. I paid the $135 permit fee the had to cancel my hunt due to a family emergency. Lost all my points. No need for me to try again I’m 71
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/12/20 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sim69z28
I had 12 preference points for whitetail gun and drew a tag last year for hunt at Gene Howe WMA in the panhandle. I paid the $135 permit fee the had to cancel my hunt due to a family emergency. Lost all my points. No need for me to try again I’m 71

You can still draw with zero points. Don’t give up, you never know
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/12/20 07:22 PM

I have always considered the fees a donation. However, one year got drawn for the Simitar Orxy Hunt. He sure looks good on my wall.
Posted By: lunatichunter

Re: TPWD Big Time Hunt Drawings - 07/15/20 12:32 AM

My yearly TPWD donation of $100. Been doing it for years. Also donate to the Draw Hunts. Can't win if you don't enter.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum