Texas Hunting Forum

Robbery

Posted By: cody

Robbery - 07/07/20 03:46 AM

We are moving out of a house on FM 89 west of Buffalo Gap, Tx. 7/5 between 5:15 and midnight someone kicked in the door with what appeared to be one solid kick from a Nike tennis shoe. Only one set of foot prints inside as best I could tell. One TV and several small items taken. One large black tote with a yellow lid containing various hunting and shooting items and 10,000+ rounds of ammunition was stolen. A lot of odd caliber stuff. 10 gauge shells, 6mm PPC, a lot of 257Roberts, a ton of .223 and thirty AR 30 round mags. One pair of Vortex Viper binos, one pair of Leupold 10x42, one pair of Nikon 10x50. A lot of heirloom knives. Pretty crappy. Of you hear or see anything for sale please let me know.
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Robbery - 07/07/20 01:54 PM

Sorry sumbitches!

I hope like hell they catch him/them and hang their azz.

Nothing worse than a damn thief.
I've always said if you are stealing from me it damn sure better be food because you are starving cuz if I catch you I'm gonna shove whatever it is you are stealing down your damn throat.

It's a horrible feeling to get robbed!

Very sorry this happened to you man.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Robbery - 07/07/20 01:56 PM

That sucks....hope y'all catch them....
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Robbery - 07/07/20 02:34 PM

And to think that used to be a very safe area. The locals I knew from around there used to brag to me that they never locked their house when leaving.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Robbery - 07/07/20 02:52 PM

hanged
Posted By: Stub

Re: Robbery - 07/07/20 03:01 PM

Sorry to hear that! Probably somebody that has been in your house before and either they did it or told someone else about what you had inside?
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Robbery - 07/07/20 05:23 PM

Getting burglarized, sucks!
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Robbery - 07/07/20 06:36 PM

Hate thieves!! mad Keep an eye on here and craigslist in case they are stupid in how they unload it. Good luck catching the SOB.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Robbery - 07/07/20 06:45 PM

Start checking Facebook Market Place and Craigslist, at least twice a day. If you know of anyone in towns in a 200 mile radius ask them to check pawn shops.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Robbery - 07/07/20 07:14 PM

I hate to assume (you know the old saying) ... but a police or sheriff report has been filed???
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Robbery - 07/07/20 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Sorry to hear that! Probably somebody that has been in your house before and either they did it or told someone else about what you had inside?

This. Anybody been 'helping' you move, out there to fix something, or driven by while you were loading?
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Robbery - 07/08/20 01:38 AM

Very sorry this occurred. I had my trailer stolen from my camp 3 years ago. I had paid 1200,00 and my insurance deductible was 1000. Never got it back. It is really depressing when these things happen.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Robbery - 07/10/20 03:53 AM

Sounds like someone you probably know.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Robbery - 07/10/20 04:10 AM

How’s the llama? Taking it with you?
Posted By: Black Duck Dog

Re: Robbery - 07/10/20 12:28 PM

Nike supporters
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Robbery - 07/13/20 07:40 PM

Another reason to use hidden survelliance cameras in the house. As cheap as they are Im surprised people dont use them.
Posted By: Birdboy

Re: Robbery - 07/13/20 08:15 PM

Losers! I am really sorry
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Robbery - 07/13/20 08:36 PM

hanged
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Robbery - 07/13/20 08:54 PM

stir what should happen to burglars
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Robbery - 07/13/20 09:17 PM

Amputate their right hand.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Robbery - 07/13/20 10:10 PM

That sucks, luckily they probably have no idea what ammo they have and will sell as one big lot. That may be the best thing to look for.
Posted By: wingnut

Re: Robbery - 07/15/20 12:59 AM

Sorry to hear that. That’s a beautiful area. We recently looked on line at a house on KJ’s trail near the state park.
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: Robbery - 07/15/20 03:58 AM

I hate people that steal.
Posted By: JCO

Re: Robbery - 07/23/20 05:05 AM

The only way to treat a thief dead_horse
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Robbery - 07/23/20 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by texasdude28
stir what should happen to burglars

I say if you catch em shove whatever they stole from you down their damn throat because IMO the only reason anything should be stolen is if a person or their family is starving to death and needs food!

Hell, back in the 80s we were sitting at a boat show in SA and a man grabbed an Abu Garcia 5500 real of my friend's uncle's display table and took off running with it. His uncle was no small guy and he promptly jumped up, ran him down and tackled him from behind. He flipped him over onto his back and ripped that reel out of his hand and literally hit him in the mouth with it so hard it broke out his front teeth and smashed his lips like they went through a meat grinder. By that time the cops got there and pulled him off the man who was bleeding like a stuck friggin hog and cuffed him. About 30 minutes later the one cop came to his table and asked him if he'd like to press charges on him. He said, "not really, I already pressed my charges on him a few minutes ago". The cop smiled and told him, "yup, I think that POS will think long and hard before doing that again". His uncle then told the cop, "the only reason somebody should steal is if they are starving to death and I figured he must have been so I just tried to feed him his loot". ROFLMAO. 30+ years ago and yet that still sticks with me to this day because to me it just makes good sense!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum