Texas Hunting Forum

No Wyoming for us this year

Posted By: angus1956

No Wyoming for us this year - 06/19/20 01:40 PM

Draw results were out yesterday, no Antelope or deer for us better luck next year. Can purchase preferences points starting in July.
Posted By: Kyle Horn

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/19/20 02:33 PM

Sorry, Wyoming is special. we crushed Wyoming last fall!!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/19/20 02:45 PM

One of my group was all that applied, he wasn't a winner either.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/19/20 02:46 PM

Agree, it's a special place. We lived there for 5 years back in the mid 90's and keep going back. Only state we apply for anymore.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/19/20 03:11 PM

Didn’t apply this year, but will be buying a preference point. Love me some speed goat hunting.
Posted By: Daniel Boone

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/19/20 04:33 PM

Was hoping to stop and get a couple of antelope does in Wyoming on my way to Montana for an elk hunt but did not draw. Looked to me like the number of people drawing this year was way up which is kind of surprising with all that is going on.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/19/20 05:45 PM

They're about to get a million more acres to manage. Odds may go up next year.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/19/20 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by HuntnFly67
They're about to get a million more acres to manage. Odds may go up next year.

The state is struggling right now so that deal may not get done.
Hunting, on the other hand, is not struggling.
Hopefully we have a good year and get some moisture late this summer so the winter range improves.
That would help get those tag numbers back up on pronghorn.Some interesting odds in some areas for sure.

We got our pronghorn tags, buck and doe. Spouse drew a good LQ archery elk tag and a whitetail tag to go with a general deer.
I drew a cow elk tag for the LQ archery area and a I'll buy a general deer, elk and another cow elk tag for the ranch area.
We plan to bear bait on the ranch as well this fall, they took away the sow quota so we have all season to do it, however they usually come through early fall when the fruit is ripe on the trees and bushes.
Posted By: jnd59

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/22/20 03:35 AM

We didn't draw either. Second year in a row that point creep got us. We're gaining on it though. We'll have seven average points next year. We we're within the point spread but at the random level. 8 at 6.5 or better. We're going duck and pheasant hunting in Kansas again.
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/22/20 08:54 AM

I drove down I-25 a couple of weeks ago and sure saw a bunch of antelope along the way. That area between Casper and about Wheatland is full of them !
Posted By: JB1316

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/22/20 02:47 PM

I got the email last night about the leftover tags available and going up today, for what it's worth. Fair amount of antelope, very little deer though.
Posted By: SowHntr

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/23/20 02:59 AM

I drew for unit 45 antelope.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: No Wyoming for us this year - 06/24/20 02:54 PM

Some whitetail doe tags left and some full price cow elk tags in a decent area, 7 .
We'll pick up a doe whitetail tag for the ranch area if we can and another cow elk for the ranch.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum