Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting small acreage

Posted By: USMC89

Hunting small acreage - 05/22/20 04:07 AM

If I’m hunting 80 acres with 3 time feeders. Do y’all set the times all the same or space them out so deer make their rounds ?
Posted By: activescrape

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/22/20 12:40 PM

We do same time.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/22/20 01:14 PM

Unless the deer are starving and waiting for the feeder to go off and gobble everything down, they will just make the rounds anyway, within your property and between your property and your neighbor's.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/22/20 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by USMC89
If I’m hunting 80 acres with 3 time feeders. Do y’all set the times all the same or space them out so deer make their rounds ?

This sounds like a word problem from 8th grade math.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/22/20 01:27 PM

hard for me to advise cause cant imagine 3 feeders on 80. are you saying you can see all from same stand or multiple stands?

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/22/20 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by freerange
hard for me to advise cause cant imagine 3 feeders on 80. are you saying you can see all from same stand or multiple stands?

This place is heavily wooded and there will be 3 stands in place. 1 5x6 box stand for when it’s raining or someone wants to go with me. Then 2 ladder stands that I can hunt depending on wind direction.
Posted By: chicken fried

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/24/20 09:25 AM

I hunt 75 acres in Rocksprings and have three feeders. I set them for the same time. I can’t see my other stands and don’t see the same deer. I have big hill on my property that keeps the deer separated. Not saying they never make it to the tiger feeders but when I hunting I don’t see them making the rounds to all the feeders.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/24/20 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by chicken fried
I hunt 75 acres in Rocksprings and have three feeders. I set them for the same time. I can’t see my other stands and don’t see the same deer. I have big hill on my property that keeps the deer separated. Not saying they never make it to the tiger feeders but when I hunting I don’t see them making the rounds to all the feeders.

Joe? They let you out? laugh

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/24/20 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by chicken fried

Joe? They let you out? laugh

😂😂😂😂😂😂 you win
Posted By: DH3

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/24/20 03:09 PM

I run 4 feeders on 140 acres. All set the same, Some deer make the rounds, others we see at just one feeder.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/25/20 12:01 PM

I have 6 feeders on 133 acres. Been doing it for 20 years and gives us some options. Of course, keeping them running, changing batteries, buying corn...……..
Posted By: WendlingKnives

Re: Hunting small acreage - 05/26/20 11:18 PM

I want to hear more about the tiger feeders
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum