Texas Hunting Forum

Gunnison County notice

Posted By: Phlash

Gunnison County notice - 04/21/20 11:53 PM

This notice was passed on to me today. This may mess up hunting and fishing this year, plus lots of tourist income the communities rely on.

Attached picture IMG_4760.jpg
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 12:12 AM

Well they needed an intervention after the mule deer doe allocation and high tag rates and late season dates. Although that’s all at the state level.

Hope everyone stays safe
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 12:40 AM

Wow - i bet they wouldn’t look too kindly on non-resident homeowners who paused paying property taxes. That is BS...
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 12:48 AM

They have z-e-r-o legal authority to enact this. This goes absolutely nowhere.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dalroo
Wow - i bet they wouldn’t look too kindly on non-resident homeowners who paused paying property taxes. That is BS...

Originally Posted by syncerus
They have z-e-r-o legal authority to enact this. This goes absolutely nowhere.

I would sue the living sh!t out of them if I owned property there......
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 12:38 PM

Have a good friend building a big house not far from there, hope this doesn't affect other counties.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 01:20 PM

See if this has any teeth in another couple months.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by TKandMike
See if this has any teeth in another couple months.

confused2 like a 90yr ol who left thar dentures in d bowl by bed... .. no bite...
flag
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 06:33 PM

If the state of Texas can require a person coming from New York or Louisiana to self quarantine for 14 days, then this is probably legal. Other towns in other states have also done this same thing.

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
If the state of Texas can require a person coming from New York or Louisiana to self quarantine for 14 days, then this is probably legal. Other towns in other states have also done this same thing.

Self Quarantine doesn’t restrict you from your own property or kick you out. Other towns like Durango are about to go bankrupt when a fine goes up to the CO SC and or the US SC
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Self Quarantine doesn’t restrict you from your own property or kick you out. Other towns like Durango are about to go bankrupt when a fine goes up to the CO SC and or the US SC

They have appeal system set up to allow people in if they have a reason to be there. The hotels are a closed, no rooms at he inn. so the only visitors would be out of town homeowners.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 08:18 PM

The verbiage on it doesn't even look like an official document. I'd check and see if it was put out by the county or by some Covid Vigilante.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 08:44 PM

Here is the current order. The non resident part of the order starts on page 10. It is different than the picture of a document that was posted.
https://covid19.gunnisoncounty.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/7th-Amended-PHO-Signed.pdf

They are also working on a phased reopening of the county.
https://covid19.gunnisoncounty.org/2020/04/21/april-21st-5-pm-update/
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 08:58 PM

One of my customers and close friend owns land in Knox County Tx and the county judge asked him as a favor not to allow his employees or friends to come visit or stay on the place until things get back to normal. Nothing formal or legal just a please if you would.
He called me and asked me not to make any predator hunt trips up there until further notice.
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 09:07 PM

Agree that it did not look official, so before I posted my comment above I went to the county website to confirm they were in fact restricting access to legal homeowners, if they are non-resident. There is a provision on the site that non-resident homeowners who were already in town for 14 days prior to 4/11 could stay. Regardless, my comment stands, if I own a home there - regardless if full-timer - I do not believe there is a legal way to keep me from it.

Will add - we lived and worked in Durango (similar vibe to Gunnison) for several years during the late 1990s. Beautiful place, but the biggest group of bellyaching, holier than thou, etc., people I have ever been around. Many of them lamented the influx of tourists and seasonal residents, but when you asked, very few were even natives - lots of Texans and Californians. I had about 25 people working for me, and only two were native to Durango, and only four or five were native Coloradans. Sorry to offend, but I found the arrogant attitude of most of the people I met there to be pretty annoying - the "keep out" ordinance from Gunnison County struck a nerve.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 09:11 PM

Tell them to pound sand....

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/22/20 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

They have appeal system set up to allow people in if they have a reason to be there. The hotels are a closed, no rooms at he inn. so the only visitors would be out of town homeowners.

That’s my exact point it’s not lawful to restrict people based if it’s their primary residence or not. You said it was lawful to do so, it is not.... let them deny one out of state homeowner that has time and money and that person ends up with a triple retirement. period. It’s a deterrent nothing more nothing less. Even SniperJ’s link proves that with double digit exemptions lol

Posted By: Phlash

Re: Gunnison County notice - 04/23/20 03:01 AM

The ranch owner lives in Dallas. His ranch foreman lives in Gunnison. The foreman took a picture of the notice that was issued by the county. I have hunted the ranch for almost 15 years and have applied for an archery elk draw. I don't have a clue how things will play out this year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum