Texas Hunting Forum

Stupid Hoarders Rant

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/16/20 10:13 PM

So I've got a prairie dog hunt coming up and decided that I didn't want to handload 600 rounds for my AR. So I ordered an assortment of inexpensive factory ammo and found some Hornady 55 gr SP that shot nickel sized groups out of my Rock River. OK, that'll work so I went to Midway about a week ago and dropped 12 boxes (50 round boxes) into my shopping cart along with a few other odds and ends. Logged in to my account to place the order on Saturday and the ammo wasn't in my cart. Yep, you guessed it, stupid hoarders had cleaned them out. Those rounds are now listed as out of stock and no backorder. Scrounged around and found some of the same stuff at Brownells. OK, placed my order with them on Saturday for 12 boxes. Got the shipping notification today, but only for 6 boxes. And they now show to be sold out on their website. More scrounging and the only place I found any in stock (well, at least their website claimed they were in stock) was Cheaper Than Dirt and as usual their prices were way higher than everywhere else. Sigh...so I placed an order for 6 more boxes at their inflated price. I hope they come in.

OK, rant over.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/16/20 10:46 PM

Check ammoseek.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/16/20 11:42 PM

I've bought from www.unammo.com before.

Good luck.
Charlie
Posted By: fonzie

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 02:14 AM

I got word of a guy from Oklahoma buying 10k of ammo Saturday at cabelas... now sure how true that is but ya crazy times
Posted By: Earl

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 03:19 AM

Probably true. My son works there and he's been amazed at the number of people that come in there buying thousands of dollars worth at a pop. Earl

Originally Posted by fonzie
I got word of a guy from Oklahoma buying 10k of ammo Saturday at cabelas... now sure how true that is but ya crazy times
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 06:09 AM

This is not normal paranoia, according to the American Psychiatric Association the is a paranoia disorder , a mental defect .
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher
This is not normal paranoia, according to the American Psychiatric Association the is a paranoia disorder , a mental defect .

According to them everything is a mental defect or disorder....that way no one is accountable for their actions..... rolleyes
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 10:56 AM

popcorn popcorn I know how to wash my hands ifin no paper, but I can't throw a rock worth a hoot.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 02:18 PM

Sucks for the stuff to disappear from your virtual cart but you should have bought it right then. After all if you need it, get it. I've had the same thing happen to me on an anniversary gift for my wife. The one willing to pay right now gets the nod over one simply setting it aside. Live and learn as the old saying goes.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 03:19 PM

https://gun.deals/product/hornady-2...mC_isHQVpm0K8EVfkWXTj_l-uCz2wYybrqehLlXU

You're welcome.

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by QMC SW/EXW
Sucks for the stuff to disappear from your virtual cart but you should have bought it right then. After all if you need it, get it. I've had the same thing happen to me on an anniversary gift for my wife. The one willing to pay right now gets the nod over one simply setting it aside. Live and learn as the old saying goes.
Yeah, I was going back and adding things to the cart for my prairie dog shoot as I thought of them. I hadn't really expected a run on ammo.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 03:41 PM

Ive never been PD hunting. Do you really go through 600 rounds? or are you just as big a part of the hoarding as what your griping about?
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Ive never been PD hunting. Do you really go through 600 rounds? or are you just as big a part of the hoarding as what your griping about?

Yes, typically you take several rifles so that one can cool while you shoot one of the others. It's not unusual on a 2-3 day hunt to burn 1500 rounds or more.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 05:20 PM

I would not call 600 rounds hoarding. I went shooting this past weekend and went through 350 rounds of .22, 50 rounds of 6.5, and 90 rounds of .300BLK. I would not call 600 rounds hoarding. I would call 600 rounds one day at the range.

As soon as I saw that TP was flying off the shelves, I took a quick inventory and ordered 500 rounds of 300 BLK. Otherwise, I am stocked up so that I won't have to change my shooting habits for up to a year or more if there is another run on ammo. I learned my lesson last time.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 06:19 PM

Im only passing through your world and your only passing through mine. Id call 600 rounds with no purpose hoarding and id call whatever you did at the range a waste. But hey like I said its your world you live in and me in mine so you do you.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 06:25 PM

Some people are prepared, others are not.
Some people are shooters, others are not.

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 06:30 PM

Im only passing through your world and your only passing through mine. Id call 600 rounds with no purpose hoarding and id call whatever you did at the range a waste. But hey like I said its your world you live in and me in mine so you do you.

I didn't waste any of it. It was a combination of practice and entertainment. The $ spent on that ammo was thoroughly enjoyed.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 06:59 PM

600 rounds is hoarding? Where you from, California?
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 07:02 PM

Sounds like the media when they call 600 rounds a stockpile roflmao

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 09:50 PM

For this trip I'm taking 600 rounds of factory ammo for my AR, 200 rounds of handloads for my bolt 223, 200 rounds of factory 17 HMR, 100 rounds of handloads for my 220 Swift and 100 rounds of handloads for my 260 Rem.

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/17/20 10:09 PM

I'm jealous. One day, I'm gonna do a PD hunt. It looks like a ton of fun!
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/18/20 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by laid over
600 rounds is hoarding? Where you from, California?

My 2 sons and I went through 500-600 rounds in 2 hours at the range a couple of months ago.
Posted By: scottfromdallas

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/18/20 02:10 AM

After 8 years of Obama if you didn't stock up the last 3 years when ammo was cheap and plentiful, it's on you. Come on people, it's a presidential election year.
Posted By: Jerry Fisk

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/18/20 03:32 AM

Yep. There was a reloading a d ammo estate auction. A few weeks ago here. They sold it in 2000 rd boxes. The auction took 9 hours to go through. Even 22lr ammo. There was 450,000 rds of it alone.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/18/20 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

After 8 years of Obama if you didn't stock up the last 3 years when ammo was cheap and plentiful, it's on you. Come on people, it's a presidential election year.

Yep!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/18/20 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Yep!

flehan
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/18/20 10:38 AM

up
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/18/20 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

According to them everything is a mental defect or disorder....that way no one is accountable for their actions..... rolleyes

Well yeah, they need those therapy session paychecks to keep rolling in.

THF has its fair share of hoarders and gougers who love to brag about it. One dufus bought 1000 AR mags in the last "crisis" and then has had to eat them ever since. I'm sure he is all a quiver just waiting gouge some goofy buyer. I can't stand gougers whether it is food or ammo.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/18/20 02:21 PM

My buddy who owns the small grocery store with a large butcher shop is loving it. Average transaction has increased 50%.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Stupid Hoarders Rant - 03/19/20 04:10 AM

scratch ever check out Sportsmans Guide ?
Best wish's
flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum