Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting Cass County

Posted By: Biscuit

Hunting Cass County - 02/17/20 12:32 AM

I’m looking at buying land in Cass- possibly . I’ve never hunted NE Texas. Any one here hunt this county ?
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Hunting Cass County - 02/17/20 12:56 PM

Ask Mr. T unless it's his place you're looking to buy...
Posted By: rickym

Re: Hunting Cass County - 02/17/20 01:18 PM

We hunt a few miles north of linden. Lots of hogs, decent deer population and pretty good bucks if they make it to maturity. There are a few, and I mean a few turkey around. Dove hunting can be so so in the first split if you’ve got an open pasture.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Hunting Cass County - 02/17/20 01:39 PM

Go to the “lands and leasing” thread near the bottom of the forum. Check out my post
“Just listed my property in Cass county”. to see what can be done
with hunting and land in Cass county. Even if not my place your looking at, I’ll be happy
to help answer any questions I can for you.
Posted By: pine knott

Re: Hunting Cass County - 02/17/20 05:28 PM

Good hunting in Cass. Go by the feed store across from Sonic and check out the deer contest photos. Plenty of hogs and a turkey scattered here and there.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Hunting Cass County - 02/18/20 02:21 AM

We hunt 15,000 acres spread out over 9 properties in Cass and Bowie county, I’ve never really seen any big deer, heck I don’t even think I’ve seen a legal buck, but that’s not what I’m hunting. These properties are covered up with pigs and coyotes.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Hunting Cass County - 02/19/20 06:23 PM

There are some good sleeper areas in Cass County with big buck potential. Just depends on where your property is located and the neighbors. Avinger and around the river is good. Lots of pigs and poachers too.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum