Texas Hunting Forum

For those that hunt Wyoming....

Posted By: txtrophy85

For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 02/04/20 03:29 AM

Check your preference points.

I logged in today to tally all my points and found out I had been jip’d

I drew antelope in 2015 and have bought a PP every year since as well as for mule deer.

Looked today and I have 2 PP for antelope and 1 for mule deer. I called ( apparently this is an acknowledged issue as they have a number specific to points discrepancies ) and they asked if I could look up my CC statements. There is no way I can go back 4 years as my statements only go back about a year and I’m not 100% on which cards I even used.

So, for those hunting in Wyoming....check your points numbers
Posted By: Wytex

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 02/04/20 04:41 PM

They should help you with that, call again and ask up the ladder.
They can pull up all your past apps and see what you applied for and bought.
Your card should be able to help, call them, all of them and ask to run your back statements. The apps should all be the same time of the year.
We print out receipt of all apps and purchases just for that reason.
Did they tell you which years you did not buy? Should narrow it down some.
Posted By: KKS

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 02/07/20 08:16 PM

wytex any experience with deer in 78?
Posted By: Fitzwho

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 02/07/20 09:43 PM

Looking at my points and searching through my bank records, I somehow forgot to buy my points in 2019. That hurts a bit.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 02/07/20 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fitzwho
Looking at my points and searching through my bank records, I somehow forgot to buy my points in 2019. That hurts a bit.

Use epic, at least for ones you are just building in. I’ve done the same in the past

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 02/08/20 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by KKS
wytex any experience with deer in 78?

You'll find mixed reviews on 78. I have not hunted in there but see what comes out of it at our taxidermist shop. Some really nice bucks in there, but not tons.
Lots of locals that get that tag just kind of meat hunt which is weird. Lots of road hunters too.
The nicer bucks seem to move down along the river on the west side with some snow, you can access part of that through BLM.
Good part of that area is better elk habitat, timbered, but you'll find nice areas that deer prefer.
We have elk hunted on the more eastern part, jump a few deer and some bucks, nothing ever big though. Lots of old clearcuts to check out though, varying aged from dog hair small trees to not grown back in yet and open. Deadfall will be everywhere as well in the timber.
It does have tons of access.
Posted By: KKS

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 02/10/20 07:56 PM

amazing thanks
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 02/18/20 01:43 AM

I can’t get drawn for so much as a Possum hunt in Texas. I have 16 preference points.

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 03/13/20 03:32 PM

txtrophy85 did you ever find out about your PP ? Hope you got them back if you bought them.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 03/13/20 05:00 PM

checked mine- all there
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 03/13/20 05:02 PM

Also- antelope hunted near 78-- opening weekend is a big one but numbers seem to tail off drastically so might make sense to even sit out the first weekend...
Posted By: wapiti

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 03/14/20 01:15 PM

Will do, thanks.

Re: For those that hunt Wyoming.... - 03/14/20 08:34 PM

We have season setting meetings coming up end of March and should get some info on population estimates, buck/doe ratios and if winter kill was an issue. They will release the quotas for the season as well. Talk is with the CWD working group recc. some areas may see a Nov rut hunt in the near future .
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum