Texas Hunting Forum

Think it was a hit or a miss?

Posted By: Texas buckeye

Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 05:10 AM

Alaskan bush people, a little different group of folks, the discovery channel puts them on TV. I don’t watch but happened to be watching homestead rescue and this came on after....

Talking about how good a hunter they all are. Show this hunt with one of the sons and the dad....take a guess whether he hit or missed his target...

Attached picture A3F496E2-181F-4CC6-B463-7E9FA9B2F00F.jpeg
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 05:18 AM

A miss by a bunch of misfits!
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 05:26 AM

Those are some seriously 'different' folks.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 11:47 AM

Inbred
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 12:38 PM

See thru rings, might have hit using irons. Those type of shows are all dumb anyway. The people that watch it and believe it are the real show.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
See thru rings, might have hit using irons. Those type of shows are all dumb anyway. The people that watch it and believe it are the real show.

I agree. It looks like his eye is lined up below the scope.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Grizz

I agree. It looks like his eye is lined up below the scope.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 01:27 PM

The “footage” of a shot is likely not when the actual shot was taken unless you can see the shooter and animal in the frame. More likely they went back later and got a better angle and had them shoot or pretend to shoot to make it look better. I’ve seen shows do this and accidentally reuse the same background for two different shots that were at different locations. Swamp people also does this.
Posted By: wsjaxIV

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by krmitchell
The “footage” of a shot is likely not when the actual shot was taken unless you can see the shooter and animal in the frame. More likely they went back later and got a better angle and had them shoot or pretend to shoot to make it look better. I’ve seen shows do this and accidentally reuse the same background for two different shots that were at different locations. Swamp people also does this.

Yep. up
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by wsjaxIV
Originally Posted by krmitchell

Yep. up
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 02:01 PM

Watched one time when they were going out to catch dinner. They were all using spinning reels and holding them where the reel was on top of the rod. So, it was plain to see that they
had never used a spinning rod and reel. Old man is from Ft. Worth, and his wife is from Plano.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 02:20 PM

Scope caps are down....Musta been using the irons.
Posted By: LovinLakeLife

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 02:34 PM

That entire show is a miss
Watched it once, never again

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Watched one time when they were going out to catch dinner. They were all using spinning reels and holding them where the reel was on top of the rod. So, it was plain to see that they
had never used a spinning rod and reel. Old man is from Ft. Worth, and his wife is from Plano.

I wonder how many people on here would do the same?

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 02:40 PM

I doubt they even really killed something on the show.

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
Originally Posted by Mr. T.

I wonder how many people on here would do the same?

Not me, I grew up on spinning reels and prefer them over bait-casters because of it. I still wouldn't catch anything tho, fish in my pond are safe.

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 06:09 PM

For all you suggesting he was using iron sights, can you point out on the pic where the rear sight is?

Looking at that pic again, it looks like that scope is just way too high for anyone to get a good cheek weld on that rifle.

And yes, I know these shows are fake/staged/set up and use footage from other times before and after when scenes might be filmed.
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 06:58 PM

I saw that several years ago while at work. I asked my crew if they noticed anything. We ran it back several times before one of them caught it.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy
I doubt they even really killed something on the show.

up
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 07:40 PM

impressively dumb

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
For all you suggesting he was using iron sights, can you point out on the pic where the rear sight is?

Aren't rear sights usually far enough forward of the action that you wouldn't see it in this picture?

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 08:24 PM

Aren't rear sights usually far enough forward of the action that you wouldn't see it in this picture?

I would think so.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 10:11 PM

The show is an out and out fake. Those people don't live like is claimed. That is all staged.

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 10:21 PM

I suppose they could be. Most of the iron sights I have seen either have the rear sights where the rear scope mount is, or the front scope mount. I don’t see anything usable up in front of the front bases, so that would put the rear sights on the barrel
roflmao
Posted By: PMK

Re: Think it was a hit or a miss? - 01/09/20 10:50 PM

I had see thru mounts like those in the picture for many years on my Rem 700 to allow use of the factory iron sights. The rear iron sight is located in front of the front scope mount location and as long as you don't have a huge objective on your scope, the iron sights are fully functional.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum