Texas Hunting Forum

DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see

Posted By: Normanpig

DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/07/20 08:06 PM

Any input? Please and thanks looking to book a hunt

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/09/20 10:34 PM

Well I talked with the king ranch guys. Looks like that’s the move unless someone has a better idea..
Posted By: Erny

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/09/20 10:42 PM

I looked for a Nilgai Hunt a couple of years ago. I decided on the King Ranch. It was only a day hunt but had no issues getting a really nice bull. I would highly recommend the King Ranch. [Linked Image]
Posted By: dkershen

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/09/20 10:43 PM

Outfitter show at Cabelas on Jan 18th from 1-4pm. Might see if anyone there is booking blue bull hunts.

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/10/20 12:19 AM

Thank you both! Great bull! When you did the one day, did you stay in a hotel or on site? I will be coming from DALLAS and I kind of want to make a couple days and nights out of the adventure.
Posted By: lost again

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/10/20 12:38 AM

Dallas Safari Club convention/show is coming up. You might find something there. Outfitters and guides from all over the world.

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/10/20 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by lost again
Dallas Safari Club convention/show is coming up. You might find something there. Outfitters and guides from all over the world.

Good plan thanks!

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/10/20 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Normanpig
Thank you both! Great bull! When you did the one day, did you stay in a hotel or on site? I will be coming from DALLAS and I kind of want to make a couple days and nights out of the adventure.

Stayed in a hotel (La Quinta) in Raymondville. A buddy of mine went and we got to hunt for two days. They normally charged a ride along fee but waived it. They have a booth at DSC or you can call them. I remember that you had to have a party of 4(or something similar) to stay on the Ranch. You can also shoot cows at a discounted price after you get your bull. The guide we had was great and he had great stories about the ranch and wildlife. I have never seen so many monster bucks in my life. We went in early February. Absolutely awesome experience.

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/10/20 02:43 AM

Thanks! I actually went today and talked to them. My post should say DSC not DCS. It won’t let me edit it.. thanks for your help!

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/10/20 01:13 PM

Thanks! I actually went today and talked to them. My post should say DSC not DCS. It won’t let me edit it.. thanks for your help!

You book with them?
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/10/20 02:15 PM

I was at DSC yesterday. A few of the outfitters are offering pretty wild deals on some hunts. You might get talked into going to Africa for a hunt.
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/10/20 04:49 PM

Double Shot Outfitters
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/10/20 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by lost again
Posted By: Ranch Dog

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/11/20 10:09 PM

Greg Simmons' Wildlife System. Hunts are on the East and H. Yturria ranches east of Raymondville.
Posted By: Exiled

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/13/20 06:26 PM

See my post on the Exotics Forum, we just got back from a Nilgai hunt booked through Cody Phillips (Insight Outdoors). Fantastic trip, hunted the Yturria Ranch near Raymondville.

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/14/20 10:57 PM

Cool thx
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/15/20 05:06 PM

The King Ranch is good, also check out the Mariposa in Falfurrias or the Yturria in Raymondville.

I sold a ranch that bordered the Mariposa ( 54k acres ) and I could have killed Nilgai at will. That country is crawling with them
Posted By: emorydog

Re: DCS TEXAS Nilgai who should I see - 01/20/20 03:13 AM

Great hunt for some big freezer meat for anyone but especially a teenager to really put down a BIG animal. They are delicious and my freezer still kicking it out. There are several outfitters, just shoot a BIG one. Only price difference is the processor unless you got time to do it yourself. That’s a lot of animal but I’m sure you know that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum