Texas Hunting Forum

What 12V feeder motor

Posted By: DQ Kid

What 12V feeder motor - 12/20/19 12:38 AM

Considering increasing my feeder pens and would like to upgrade to 12V from 6V, will be on 350lb barrels. What feeder motor is really good, maybe not the best in 12V for throwing radius and timer accuracy?
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 12/20/19 01:06 AM

A 6V feeder motor will normally work fine with a 12V battery attached to it. You will get more RPMs & additional distance. Unless you are running it for long periods, 6v will last a long time. You will be throwing more corn for the same time.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 12/20/19 01:14 AM

There's really only the one 12v motor. It's the standard 12v feeder motor.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 12/20/19 01:38 AM

I would strongly recommend a 12 volt feeder, I should have done it years ago. I have much better reliability.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 12/20/19 01:44 AM

I stopped using 6v over 10 years ago....
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 12/20/19 03:10 AM

I still use 6volt, but use the Moultrie Pro Magnums. Much harder for Coons to tear up and you can run two 6 volt batteries on it if you want (or just one). I run two batteries on mine (parallel) and the feeder will go all year on those feeding twice a day. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 12/20/19 04:58 AM

You can just get one of these. I really prefer the 'the timer' timer, most user friendly one I've found.

https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/products/12-volt-control-unit
Posted By: oldrancher

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 12/20/19 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
You can just get one of these. I really prefer the 'the timer' timer, most user friendly one I've found.

https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/products/12-volt-control-unit

I agree. It even has the one of the best plates on it for slinging the corn a long distance for better distribution. Some plates just throw the corn straight up against the bottom of the barrel and it lands on the ground in a four foot circle. After a while, animal activity causes a depression below the barrel and a place for the water to stand and a waste of corn for deer. Deer even abandon the feeders for a while until the mud puddle dries up. Hogs love it but deer go with out in wet weather. We use this style of plate on all of our feeders with good results. Also where cattle are present, they'll go to the feeders with a pile of corn under it (if no pen) but pass the feeders where the corn has been distributed in a large circle. (30-40 feet) Game also stays longer at a spread of corn then a pile of corn.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 12/20/19 07:29 PM

Spin tech is the best ive found. Plate locks against the feeder funnel after spinning so critters can’t get to the corn.
Posted By: Mathp

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 12/25/19 05:55 PM

I use Spintech and ASF and both work great for me.
Posted By: TX Hntr

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 12/29/19 05:11 AM

All Seasons Feeders products are the most reliable, user friendly and from a Texas company. We currently have 12 feeders on the ranch. ASF feeders, motors, timers, and solar panels work year round.
https://www.allseasonsfeeders.com/
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: What 12V feeder motor - 01/01/20 04:20 AM

I used a ASF 12v on my newest feeder and it works great. As a matter of fact, when you test the feeder make sure you cover your face because it slings the corn hard.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum