Texas Hunting Forum

Problem Client

Posted By: dkershen

Problem Client - 11/30/19 06:49 AM

Guided a “newbie” on a mule deer hunt this past weekend up in the panhandle. THF member, so I’m gonna call him out here. You’d think this guy had never been on a guided hunt before. Had the audacity to load out his own gear before I could snag it from the truck for him. Did crazy stuff like bagging up the trash and hauling it to the dumpster, or washing dishes and cleaning skinning knives when I wasn’t looking. Even stripped the bed linens and bath towels on the last day of the trip.... stupid stuff paid hunters just don’t do. loco Embarrassed me by beating me to the coffee pot one morning and made MY coffee. confused2 He didn’t know he was supposed to be indecisive and question his guides recommendations. Instead he followed through on the game plan and bagged a trophy buck first morning of the hunt. When another hunter had a schedule change and encroached on his hunt dates, did he whine and bitch and get pissy about it? hammer Nope. He got all helpful and crap assisting in locating the cull hunters target buck.

All sarcasm aside... It’s hunters like Ramsey that make my decision to retire next year much more difficult. Was a true pleasure helping him get a nice buck this past weekend. Wish all the hunters I guided were as well prepared and easy to work with as you bud! up
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 11:23 AM

up cheers
Posted By: Stub

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 11:39 AM

Sounds like a real pain in the laugh Does not surprise me one bit that Ramsey would act that way cheers
Congrats on a successful guide and hunt, hope to see pictures up
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 11:58 AM

smile
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 12:00 PM

Lol
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 12:16 PM

Lol, Ramsey’s good peoples
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 12:37 PM

cheers
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 12:42 PM

I hope you didn't stiff him on the tip, Dkershen.
Posted By: don k

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 12:46 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I have hunters like that. They are the ones that get invited back.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 01:06 PM

worthless
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 01:06 PM

Sounds like a good guy. up
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 01:27 PM

I am glad you were professional enough to handle what you had to endure. Not to worry, you will have other clients. grin
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 01:43 PM

That's the way it's supposed to be, everyone pitch in and help. It's all part of the hunt/experience.
Good job.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 01:55 PM

Ramsey is pure scum. I'm sorry you had to deal with him dkershen.

peep
Posted By: David Maas

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Ramsey is pure scum. I'm sorry you had to deal with him dkershen.

peep

up up up up up up up up

Even if he is a great camp cook

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Sounds like a real pain in the laugh Does not surprise me one bit that Ramsey would act that way cheers
Congrats on a successful guide and hunt, hope to see pictures up

He posted them in the photo section.

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7676187#Post7676187
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 05:58 PM

In his photos looks like he was also helping to feed the cows. What was he thinking. Some people just dont respect others.

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dalee7892
In his photos looks like he was also helping to feed the cows. What was he thinking. Some people just dont respect others.
Yep.. found out he has a hidden talent of being a "cow whisperer". Problem was they kept following us into the middle of the prairie dog town and kept us from shooting p-dawgs as mid-day entertainment.
roflmao
Posted By: artrios60

Re: Problem Client - 11/30/19 09:25 PM

I found over the years that there are more hunters like him than the contrary. These are great people to have as friends.
So great to read these posts
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Problem Client - 12/01/19 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Lol, Ramsey’s good peoples
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Problem Client - 12/01/19 04:27 AM

Just to let guides know, if it gets to be too much, I'm available to set things right. I too have struggled with those traits in the past, but I'm trying hard to meet guides expectations smile
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Problem Client - 12/01/19 04:43 AM

He is a GD degenerate but I know everything you said was true rofl It was such an awesome hunt and Dave did an outstanding job.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Problem Client - 12/01/19 11:03 PM

Lol, that’s great.
Posted By: rogerh

Re: Problem Client - 12/02/19 12:51 AM

That is what its all about
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Problem Client - 12/02/19 12:58 AM

That Ramsey, just wanted you to know how glad he was to be along for the hunt. up
Posted By: Kingsview Safaris

Re: Problem Client - 12/02/19 07:28 AM

Good on both of you! That was a fun read. Always a pleasure guiding "those" clients.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Problem Client - 12/02/19 05:35 PM

when I first started reading I was thinking ... here we go again! Always good to hear a GOOD report back on a hunter or guide! Thanks for sharing! and W2G Ramsey!
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Problem Client - 12/02/19 05:49 PM

roflmao Nice!
Posted By: LG

Re: Problem Client - 12/05/19 04:25 PM

good stuff
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Problem Client - 12/05/19 05:38 PM

Both men are solid folks - great story Dave
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum