Texas Hunting Forum

NEW LEGIT CHECK

Posted By: yeezxces

NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/22/19 05:03 PM

Hello everyone, I have tried buying a few rifles in the last few days but as a new user with 0 posts, many do not feel comfortable with selling to me. So I hope I can use this as a legit check on myself if we have done business in the past!

Thank you!!!
Posted By: Rglover

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/22/19 07:48 PM

Do you have a LTC?
Posted By: Cast

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/22/19 07:52 PM

Get somebody with seniority here to vouch for you?
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/22/19 08:11 PM

Jimmy, do you like gladiator movies?
Posted By: Pig_Popper

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/23/19 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by yeezxces
Hello everyone, I have tried buying a few rifles in the last few days but as a new user with 0 posts, many do not feel comfortable with selling to me. So I hope I can use this as a legit check on myself if we have done business in the past!

Thank you!!!

Just give them your user name from other forums that you are active on and have cred on - gun broker accounts also help....

Its the Internet, we all have traces spread over time of our past buys/sells
Posted By: SpoonPlatoon

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/23/19 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cast
Get somebody with seniority here to vouch for you?

I sold a 243 to the OP a while back. Had a great exchange. He was a novic hunter that was looking to get into the sport. Sell with confidence.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/24/19 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

roflmao

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/25/19 08:10 PM

Working on my LTC. Will provide any type of documents people request, people just saw 0 posts before and assumed the worst.

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/25/19 08:11 PM

With the few purchases ive made on here I hope to grow! This is my first gun/hunting forum

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/25/19 08:13 PM

Sadly I am a lone person, so I have myself for now teaching and learning hunting/guns. Hope to make friends down the road!

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/25/19 08:14 PM

I do not understand this reference frown I may be too young or have no idea about the context behind the question
Posted By: AZ_Hunter_2000

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/25/19 08:45 PM

I'll be candid with you. Your post screams "red flag" to me. I too would not sell a firearm to you even if you were to pass a NICS background check and had a valid CHL permit. Bad vibe = no firearm sale; this is true if I know you personally or not.

There are lots of options for buying firearms and other products. If an individual or business doesn't want to sell something to you (that you are legally allowed to purchase), get over it and move on. If they don't want your money, then find someone that does.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/25/19 11:25 PM

You can buy most guns cheaper new retail than on here anyway.
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/26/19 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by huntwest

True
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/26/19 02:23 AM

Definitely can on gun broker
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/26/19 04:05 AM

Just get " BILL " to endorse you,,,works every time !!
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/26/19 06:01 AM

I've made some smoking deals on here that retail could never touch. It just takes some effort and when a deal presents itself be ready to say "I'll take it".
Posted By: Teal28

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/26/19 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

almost daily im reminded how bad we need a like button!
roflmao
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/26/19 03:52 PM

Thank you!!!

Not sure this is even serious but, if you do your part, have the money and are willing to either travel or whatever, and they act like they don’t want to sell to you, I would be suspect of them, not you. This is just a forum, nothing more. Don’t be fooled by the self appointed greatness and superiority you might see. Some might think high post count means something, it doesn’t. Again, if you are serious about purchasing something, have money, willing to close the deal, they will sell. Now if you are someone that wants to have 500 emails or texts to decide, well that is another fact.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/26/19 03:54 PM

Absolutely 100% true. Well maybe not 100% of time, blind hog finds an acorn every now and again.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/26/19 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Don’t be fooled by the self appointed greatness and superiority you might see. Some might think high post count means something, it doesn’t.

yeezxces, read this quote again so it sticks.
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/27/19 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
Don’t be fooled by the self appointed greatness and superiority you might see. Some might think high post count means something, it doesn’t.

yeezxces, read this quote again so it sticks.

**** YIKES ****
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/27/19 05:12 PM

I do not understand this reference frown I may be too young or have no idea about the context behind the question

You probably are.... Welcome to the geriatric hunters home. 😀

Charlie
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/27/19 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by CharlieCTx

You probably are.... Welcome to the geriatric hunters home. 😀

Charlie

One of the funniest movies ever!
Posted By: decook

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/28/19 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by AZ_Hunter_2000
I'll be candid with you. Your post screams "red flag" to me. I too would not sell a firearm to you even if you were to pass a NICS background check and had a valid CHL permit. Bad vibe = no firearm sale; this is true if I know you personally or not.

There are lots of options for buying firearms and other products. If an individual or business doesn't want to sell something to you (that you are legally allowed to purchase), get over it and move on. If they don't want your money, then find someone that does.

No clue where this left field post came from. This man is a new poster. Nothing red flags to me.
@Sniper.270, thank you for calling it out like it is.
yeezxces, where are you in Texas? And, welcome to the Forum. I hope this thread doesn't run you off.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: NEW LEGIT CHECK - 11/28/19 03:13 PM

I will throw in a comment about buying guns from THF members: I have been very happy with the value of my transactions, and I do know how to shop. Plus, it gave me opportunities to meet some fine gentlemen.

Marc
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum