Texas Hunting Forum

firmware update

Posted By: mow

firmware update - 10/26/19 11:58 AM

i bought a new wireless trailcamera and i need to update the firmware..ive downloaded the firmware files onto my computer..but dont know how to transfer those files to the sd card..i have windows platform
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: firmware update - 10/26/19 12:58 PM

What brand of camera?
Posted By: David Maas

Re: firmware update - 10/26/19 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by mow
i bought a new wireless trailcamera and i need to update the firmware..ive downloaded the firmware files onto my computer..but dont know how to transfer those files to the sd card..i have windows platform

Copy to sd card, insert sd card in camera, viola

Re: firmware update - 10/26/19 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by David Maas
Originally Posted by mow

Copy to sd card, insert sd card in camera, viola

Should have known better..
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: firmware update - 10/26/19 06:23 PM

Some cameras (Covert wireless specifically) let you download the firmware from the camera without having to use a computer.

Re: firmware update - 10/29/19 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by krmitchell
Some cameras (Covert wireless specifically) let you download the firmware from the camera without having to use a computer.

I have to download the firmware to my computer..copy it to an ad card(this is what I'm having trouble with) then insert micro SD card into camera..then it will update camera

Re: firmware update - 10/29/19 07:41 PM

I have it done..now on to the lease to camera
Posted By: David Maas

Re: firmware update - 10/29/19 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by mow

I have to download the firmware to my computer..copy it to an ad card(this is what I'm having trouble with) then insert micro SD card into camera..then it will update camera

There maybe an option in the menu on the camera to update the firmware, but essentially, yes
Posted By: BayouGuy

Re: firmware update - 10/29/19 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by mow

When you save the firmware to your computer it is likely saved in your "Downloads" file folder. Insert the SD card into the computer, then drag and drop the file from the Downloads file to the SD card.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum