Texas Hunting Forum

Wichita Falls processor recommendation

Posted By: aws215

Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/10/19 07:02 PM

Got a new lease south of Wichita Falls, looking for a processor that does good summer sausage and jerky
Posted By: kry226

Re: Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/10/19 10:08 PM

Check out Whitaker's.
Posted By: aws215

Re: Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/11/19 01:09 AM

Thank you
Posted By: Wink68

Re: Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/11/19 03:35 AM

I second that. Bruce is a great guy and always does a good job. Love his summer sausage.
His place is on the western edge of Iowa Park off Harmony Road.
Posted By: numbersguy

Re: Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/16/19 03:23 PM

Whitaker's is the place to go. They process each deer individually and have a very clean place. Good people and are a pleasure to deal with.
Posted By: Scott W

Re: Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/18/19 03:58 AM

Another for whitakers. Great people. He also mounted my buck a few years ago and it looks great.
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/18/19 02:25 PM

Yes, on Whitakers!
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/18/19 02:57 PM

I would vote no on Whitaker’s; the smell of their casing on summer sausage was awful. Threw all of it in the trash.
Make the drive to Kuby’s and get the smoked sausage only; it’s worth it. There is Bacos? In Seymour and fishers in Munster.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/18/19 03:34 PM

Make the drive to Fischers in Muenster, or even better (but longer drive)... the absolute best is Bluebonnet Meats in Trenton
Posted By: LG

Re: Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/21/19 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Make the drive to Fischers in Muenster, or even better (but longer drive)... the absolute best is Bluebonnet Meats in Trenton

My wife is from Muenster and I have hunted that area for 17+ years. I used to use Fischers until I found out that you do not get your deer back etc..... I have been using H&W meet market in Muenster and very happy with their services.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Wichita Falls processor recommendation - 10/21/19 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by LG
Originally Posted by sig226fan (Rguns.com)

My wife is from Muenster and I have hunted that area for 17+ years. I used to use Fischers until I found out that you do not get your deer back etc..... I have been using H&W meet market in Muenster and very happy with their services.

Yep Hess Meats is where to go. You can buy the seasoning mix both places use and make your own, we do that now.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum