Texas Hunting Forum

Hot Opener

Posted By: txshntr

Hot Opener - 09/26/19 01:05 PM

For most of us heading to the woods, it is going to be a hot opener weekend. Last year I finally gave up on my hackberry tree at one of my stands and moved in a ground blind. I was dreading sitting in a hot box so decided to do something about it...oh the things we do for hunting grin

$7 red igloo
$4 flange and 90
$7 amazon fan
Four bottles of frozen water
It blows cold air!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 01:08 PM

Looks good to me.....
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 02:51 PM

Looks dumb. Man up
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 02:56 PM

How did you power it?
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 02:59 PM

Have you tested it to see how long your ice lasts? With that small of a chest, I don't see it lasting too long.

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
How did you power it?

Battery powered fan.

Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
Have you tested it to see how long your ice lasts? With that small of a chest, I don't see it lasting too long.

Didn’t use ice. Used frozen water bottles.

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Looks dumb. Man up

Where will you be this weekend? .....oh that’s right, sitting in your house with AC on rofl
Posted By: rfamilyhunting

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 05:15 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bigorosco

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 06:45 PM

Looks dumb. Man up

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 08:07 PM

Here's a tip - fill the cooler about 2/3 full of water and set it in the deep freezer until frozen solid. Lasts a lot longer than cube ice. Haven't tried the frozen water bottles.
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 08:08 PM

i like it!!!

I'm hunting Saturday morning and coming home....too hot

How much noise does that fan make?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 09:08 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 10:16 PM

Talk about roughing it.

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 10:16 PM

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Hot Opener - 09/26/19 11:56 PM

I like it. I have 2 of those fans in 2 different blinds. Even without the ice they make a difference.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 12:51 AM

I want one for when we play golf.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 03:47 AM

Looks dumb. Man up

roflmao They work!

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by stxranchman
[Linked Image]

“Hear”

But I laughed rofl

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by txshntr
[Linked Image]

“Hear”

But I laughed rofl

hammer Age doesn't have it's privileges sometimes roflmao
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 12:04 PM

I got fans in all of my blinds. Helps me sleep during the middle of the day when its hot...and it's always hot in Texas.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 12:49 PM

Get a Yeti cooler and cut it up and make one!......The ice lasts for days!
Posted By: Judd

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 02:23 PM

[Linked Image]

Hell, don't feel bad....I called a deer a pig this week roflmao
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 03:20 PM

If it helps you enjoy your time, more power to ya.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 03:36 PM

[Linked Image]

“Hear”

But I laughed rofl

[Linked Image]

roflmao rofl
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Here's a tip - fill the cooler about 2/3 full of water and set it in the deep freezer until frozen solid. Lasts a lot longer than cube ice. Haven't tried the frozen water bottles.

That won't work with that hole he cut in the side to mount the 90. My next camp AC will only have holes in the lid just for this reason.

Re: Hot Opener - 09/27/19 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die

That won't work with that hole he cut in the side to mount the 90. My next camp AC will only have holes in the lid just for this reason.

I looked at doing it that way but decided I would leave these in the stands and I can carry the frozen bottles in my back pack up

Re: Hot Opener - 09/30/19 06:18 PM

And for the naysayers and hecklers....it worked so banana2

Re: Hot Opener - 09/30/19 07:04 PM

Did you fall a sleep in your sleeping bag
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Hot Opener - 09/30/19 07:19 PM

So you shot a big ol buck as proof it works and he didn't pay any attention to the noise... comfort is king as we age... I just stayed home for the first opener in over close to 50 years

Re: Hot Opener - 09/30/19 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt

So you shot a big ol buck as proof it works and he didn't pay any attention to the noise... comfort is king as we age... I just stayed home for the first opener in over close to 50 years

No big old buck was seen...he kept blaming it on where he parked, the route he took walking into the blind, the wind, the heat, the deer weren't moving, the ....but he was comfortable using his A/C and the noise had nothing to do with it. grin

Re: Hot Opener - 09/30/19 07:40 PM

No big old buck was seen...he kept blaming it on where he parked, the route he took walking into the blind, the wind, the heat, the deer weren't moving, the ....but he was comfortable using his A/C and the noise had nothing to do with it. grin

roflmao

Re: Hot Opener - 09/30/19 08:22 PM

Jealousy isn't a good color on you...

And there was deer and they enjoyed the noise and cooler air. Hell, I am going to make three more and mount them to my feeder. I will have all the deer in the area rofl

Re: Hot Opener - 09/30/19 08:26 PM

And there was deer and they enjoyed the noise and cooler air. Hell, I am going to make three more and mount them to my feeder. I will have all the deer in the area rofl

nidea Who had 2 mature bucks at 15 yards on Saturday? It wasn't the Candy Azz A/C hunter roflmao
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Hot Opener - 09/30/19 11:24 PM

That's pretty cool smile

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 12:35 AM

nidea Who had 2 mature bucks at 15 yards on Saturday? It wasn't the Candy Azz A/C hunter roflmao

Blah, blah, blah...it wasn't because of my a/c!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 01:22 AM

You may be on to something.

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 01:34 AM

Blah, blah, blah...it wasn't because of my a/c!!

[Linked Image]

confused2 Yet you hunted blinds that had tons of bucks and even several mature bucks on the trail cams for weeks now....hmmmmmmmmmmmm...wonder what changed their pattern nidea Maybe that new Candy Azz A/C purring away the issue?????? roflmao

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 03:20 AM

confused2 Yet you hunted blinds that had tons of bucks and even several mature bucks on the trail cams for weeks now....hmmmmmmmmmmmm...wonder what changed their pattern nidea Maybe that new Candy Azz A/C purring away the issue?????? roflmao

trout it wasn’t on when the camera said they would be there rofl

Actually didn’t run it in the mornings...so, explain that!! And guess it only scares certain deer but not others confused2
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 04:05 AM

Txshntr, Frozen water bottles ARE ice. Just playing, I think this contraption is freakin genius. It gives me another reason to buy a few computer fans and tinker. I'll put your name on the patent, don't worry buddy!

Stxranchman, I busted out laughing when I read that! Good one! It was hot as bawls to be sitting inside of anything without any means of cooling!

up

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Txshntr, Frozen water bottles ARE ice. Just playing, I think this contraption is freakin genius. It gives me another reason to buy a few computer fans and tinker. I'll put your name on the patent, don't worry buddy!

Stxranchman, I busted out laughing when I read that! Good one! It was hot as bawls to be sitting inside of anything without any means of cooling!

up

Don’t encourage him wife
Posted By: Western

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 02:18 PM

Kinda disappointing, figured a big time, too busy to golf contractor, would have put in a big unit and ran duct work to each stand, or power for mini splits.peep

STX, he probably did have a a few book deer show, just wont admit he didn't open the windows so the heat wouldn't get in.. smh

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Western
Kinda disappointing, figured a big time, too busy to golf contractor, would have put in a big unit and ran duct work to each stand, or power for mini splits.peep

STX, he probably did have a a few book deer show, just wont admit he didn't open the windows so the heat wouldn't get in.. smh

Been a minute buddy!! Glad to see you and yes, I need to swing some clubs soon. Only been about a year bang

Speaking of windows, ask stx how his has been working rofl

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 02:37 PM

roflmao Is that a can of worms we want to open with our STX brudda? lol

Been a while from the course here as well, maybe time does heal old wounds rofl

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 02:37 PM

Been a minute buddy!! Glad to see you and yes, I need to swing some clubs soon. Only been about a year bang

Speaking of windows, ask stx how his has been working rofl

Actually it worked great this morning since I had 8 does and fawns in front of me for 30 minutes. Most of them were from 12 yards to 20 yards during that time after the sun was up. How was your hunting this weekend again Candy Azz A/C hunter? grin

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 02:40 PM

Careful STX, he's 4'11" if he is wearing his boots....

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 02:41 PM

Think he has one of the costco air fresheners on the ac register?, probably a powder smell roflmao

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 03:06 PM

Actually it worked great this morning since I had 8 does and fawns in front of me for 30 minutes. Most of them were from 12 yards to 20 yards during that time after the sun was up. How was your hunting this weekend again Candy Azz A/C hunter? grin

It was cool and comfortable grin

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 03:07 PM

Think he has one of the costco air fresheners on the ac register?, probably a powder smell roflmao

Christmas tree, pine smell...in mesquite country rofl

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 03:17 PM

Well, ought to work as good as apple scented indian corn! up
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 03:23 PM

$7 red igloo
$4 flange and 90
$7 amazon fan
mistaking it for a urinal - Priceless

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 03:25 PM

rofl

Re: Hot Opener - 10/01/19 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by rifleman
$7 red igloo
$4 flange and 90
$7 amazon fan
mistaking it for a urinal - Priceless

rofl
Posted By: Rifleman1775

Re: Hot Opener - 10/02/19 01:39 AM

They can pick all they want. I'm gonna make one. Those afternoons in a blind in the West Texas heat, are brutal.

Re: Hot Opener - 10/02/19 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rifleman1775
They can pick all they want. I'm gonna make one. Those afternoons in a blind in the West Texas heat, are brutal.

If opening weekend is any indication, they work and the deer didn’t mind the noise at all. We had three going in three different spots and all had deer come in cheers

Re: Hot Opener - 10/02/19 10:13 AM

How many of those mature bucks on TC did you see again Mr. Cool and Comfortable Candy Azz A/C hunter? grin

loco I use natural cedar or cedar air fresheners since there are cedars here too. dunce

Re: Hot Opener - 10/02/19 11:52 AM

How many of those mature bucks on TC did you see again Mr. Cool and Comfortable Candy Azz A/C hunter? grin

loco I use natural cedar or cedar air fresheners since there are cedars here too. dunce

He was talking about me..and we don’t have much of anything except mesquite and hackberry.

I didn’t see any of those mature deer. I’ll find out this weekend why but will make a bet it wasn’t the low hum of my magic cooling box of comfort that scared them away!!
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Hot Opener - 10/02/19 12:27 PM

Pine scent would turn them nocturnal, make them avoid the roads and shorten their life expectancy by 4 years.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum