Texas Hunting Forum

Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner

Posted By: Choctaw

Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/24/19 10:42 AM

Gary,

I’ve been a Texas law enforcement officer since 1987. I wanted to thank you for this episode featuring Kevin Conner. As a member of Officer Down I remember when he was killed last year. I didn’t know Kevin but we shared a common bond. Ours is the only profession where being murdered during the workday is a real possibility. Yet men and women put on the uniform and go to work daily. They are an amazing group of people and you did Kevin great honor.

Thank you.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/24/19 03:51 PM

Choctaw,
We are just doing what should be done anytime one of our great law enforcement officers is killed in the line of duty. We were especially close to Kevin as he would come to Texas and visit from time to time. He was killed by a young man on a routine traffic stop. Had Kevin killed the young man, Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and Obama would have been in NC before the next morning crying police brutality. Since this case did not fit the media's narrative, they elected not to cover the killing. While CARNIVORE does not have the number of viewers that CNN has, we felt that it was important to bring attention to the loss of a great young man and pray that he is not forgotten.
I ask that all of you tune into CARNIVORE at 12:30 PM today or 7:00 PM on Sunday as we pay tribute to one of the nicest young men that I have known. It was extremely difficult for me to watch this episode.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/24/19 06:05 PM

Gary,

Thank you for this awesome tribute. Truly touching and very very well presented.

Thank you CARNIVORE.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/24/19 10:12 PM

Gary...You probably have more viewers than CNN...if not now then soon....

Enjoy the program very much...keep on keeping on.... cheers
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/25/19 04:25 PM

Gary, very good show and tribute to Kevin! I set the DVR to record it so I wouldn’t miss it. Good hunting and glad you had the footage for the tribute. Such a sad story. Thank you!!
Posted By: pine knott

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/26/19 05:01 PM

Great show! Very emotional. You have risen to the top of my list.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/26/19 06:53 PM

flag up
Posted By: Ccanady

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/27/19 04:49 AM

Gary,

I am a Trooper here in North Carolina. Kevin was/is a good friend and coworker. I just wanted to say, thanks for what you've done. It really does mean a lot to the guys around here. Its still hard to believe he's gone. Just watching a video doesn't do justice to the kind of man he was. But you did a great job showing the world a small glimpse.

Unfortunately many of us do not have a cable provider that was willing to air your show. Many people would really love to see the entire episode who didn't get to see it; myself included. Is there any way I could get a digital copy of it? I'm willing to pay for any postage or time put into getting me a copy.

Again, thanks!
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/27/19 01:21 PM

Agree with all the above. What a great tribute that was.

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/27/19 01:43 PM

I will post a youtube link so that you can watch the full episode.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/27/19 01:52 PM

Here is a link that should give you the episode. https://youtu.be/c_OaTbpJPus
I heard that there was a gentleman facbooking live the show and had over 1,000 viewers. Hopefully some of these folks can pick up this link.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: ken starling

Re: Carnivore-Trooper Kevin Conner - 08/27/19 11:27 PM

Seen the post and recorded the show to watch later. Just watched it and must say it was a very good show, emotional at times. He really enjoyed that cat.

Thanks for sharing it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum