Texas Hunting Forum

Bow Shopping

Posted By: M Wilson

Bow Shopping - 08/07/19 03:43 PM

Question on where to buy a bow. I really like the PSE Ferocity for my price range and huntersfriend.com has a pretty good price on it but i would prefer to buy and support local if possible. (i live in Boyd)

has anyone found any shops in the DFW area to be fair priced?
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Bow Shopping - 08/07/19 04:10 PM

You bet. Go see Troy. He's worked on several of my bows for years. They have an indoor archery range. You can buy it, set it up to you, and shoot it right there.

I had a peep sight move on me right before a hunt last year. I went there and he fixed me up in minutes. I shot it right there, got zero'd and was good to go. (I have an old Mathews bow, and they make fun of me about my bow (in all good fun!). It's old, shoots straight, and I like the bow. But they want me to upgrade every time I go in there.) But I've known Troy for years and his son works for me. They are good folks!

All Star Archery & Marine North

(469) 549-1850

1025 N Mill St B, Lewisville, TX 75057
Posted By: grimreapor

Re: Bow Shopping - 08/07/19 04:25 PM

I agree. All Star is where I take my bow.
Posted By: M Wilson

Re: Bow Shopping - 08/08/19 01:29 PM

Thanks! Thats a little drive from Boyd but happy to go if yall reccomend.

Ive heard good but pricey things about Cinnamon creek and decent things about Gateway archery in fort worth.
Posted By: RJH1

Re: Bow Shopping - 08/08/19 01:40 PM

No help on where to go, as I don't live in your area, but when you do go don't just go off of Internet recommendations and such for the bow. Shoot all the bows you can and then pick one. Bows are very personal items and what's great for one person is not always the best for another. I do agree go to your local shop, the service is worth any extra expense over buying at a big box store. Plus you have a much better chance of getting properly fitted. Good luck :-)
Posted By: RJH1

Re: Bow Shopping - 08/08/19 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by M Wilson
Thanks! Thats a little drive from Boyd but happy to go if yall reccomend.

Ive heard good but pricey things about Cinnamon creek and decent things about Gateway archery in fort worth.

I have been to Cinnamon Creek before, but just to shoot matches, and I shot with people from Gateway as well. They all seem like good guys and I bet those stores, and the other one mentioned would all do you well
Posted By: WendlingKnives

Re: Bow Shopping - 08/08/19 08:49 PM

id say cinnamon creek for sure. Especially since youre out there. Much bigger selection of bows too
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Bow Shopping - 08/14/19 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by WendlingKnives
id say cinnamon creek for sure. Especially since youre out there. Much bigger selection of bows too

I'd go here. They are a sponsor of Cable Smith's show, the Lone Star Outdoor show.

http://cinnamoncreekranch.com/

The most important thing to do when going to a Pro Shop is let them know your budget.

You need a bow, peep, arrow rest, peep, arrows, release, etc.

And definitely try some different bows, and don't be afraid to buy a used bow. A lot of folks will trade up about now.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Bow Shopping - 08/14/19 10:47 AM

Try David's in Weatherford. Good ole country folk.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum