Texas Hunting Forum

I love Lifetime

Posted By: Hunt Dog

I love Lifetime - 07/13/19 09:58 PM

Got my notice in the mail today...As of August 15 I can go get my Lifetime Combo License renewall.

Fellow Lifetimers, ain't it great!?

If you are not, you really need to think about it.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/13/19 11:02 PM

Yes it is. I have always just printed out the online renewal form and mailed it to Austin. It only takes 3 or 4 days for the license to show back up in my mailbox.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/13/19 11:33 PM

Mine is free
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/14/19 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
Mine is free

No Sir! Yours was earned.... flag
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/14/19 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Mine is free

Amen to that.
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/14/19 01:52 AM

Sapper you paid more than all of us added together,,,,, flag
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/14/19 02:34 AM

Mine is free

I read Scott's comment and thought the SAME thing!

And yes, I get mine and my son's free this and every year from paying for it many years ago.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/14/19 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ranch Dawg
Sapper you paid more than all of us added together,,,,, flag

Thank you Sir but I still have paid much less than many others including many I served with.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/14/19 11:52 AM

It's my one regret when my son was born that I did not get one.
Posted By: mow

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/15/19 03:24 AM

Mine is free

x2
Posted By: furfinrfeather

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/15/19 11:19 PM

I thought the plastic card was the license and the paper part you get every year was tags? Like you would only need the card if you are fishing and not keeping an over sized red fish or hunting quail, hogs, squirrels.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/16/19 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by furfinrfeather
I thought the plastic card was the license and the paper part you get every year was tags? Like you would only need the card if you are fishing and not keeping an over sized red fish or hunting quail, hogs, squirrels.

You really should have the paper on you as well. The past three or four times I have been checked by GWs I normally give them the gold card and it's 'Thank you sir, have a nice day sir'.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/16/19 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Hunt Dog
Originally Posted by furfinrfeather

You really should have the paper on you as well. The past three or four times I have been checked by GWs I normally give them the gold card and it's 'Thank you sir, have a nice day sir'.

I asked a friend of mine who is a retired GW this very question several years ago. His take on it is that it would depend on what GW you were dealing with. The majority that he knew would be perfectly fine with the lifetime card as long as it was not a tag issue, but probably not all GW's. There is apparently a little room for interpretation in the law.
My take on it is that the card is proof that I have a hunting license so it should suffice, but I make sure I get the paper one printed and have it on me whenever I'm hunting or fishing as a safety net.
Posted By: furfinrfeather

Re: I love Lifetime - 07/16/19 10:26 PM

So my son has a lifetime license. He worked out of town all of deer season so he didn't get his tags. If he wants to go fishing or hunt hog, he shouldn't need to get the tags now, correct?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum