Texas Hunting Forum

Camp Bullis

Posted By: DNygaard

Camp Bullis - 06/23/19 02:51 PM

Hello everyone!
I am new here to hunting in Texas. Been hunting all my life and always wanted to try hog hunting! I’m retired military and was informed I can hunt on camp bullis. I dug up the regulations and can’t wait to go at it with my kids! I have them taking the hunter safety course now and would like to congratulate them with a successful hog hunt. Not looking to get anyone’s secret area, but does anyone have any advice? Also I have heard rumors they have axis and audad there? Is there any truth to that? Thank in advance and stay safe!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Camp Bullis - 06/23/19 10:16 PM

Each base is going to be different as far as game, rules areas to hunt etc...they should have a website that spells everything out for each base. welcome
Posted By: Treinta-Treinta

Re: Camp Bullis - 06/24/19 03:52 AM

I’m gonna PM you with the best advice I can give you
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Camp Bullis - 06/24/19 05:17 PM

Being retired military, would you be able to hunt Ft. Hood as well?

Re: Camp Bullis - 06/24/19 05:36 PM

I believe so.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Camp Bullis - 06/24/19 10:33 PM

Also check out the WMR site for Fort Bliss.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Camp Bullis - 06/25/19 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by garyrapp55
Being retired military, would you be able to hunt Ft. Hood as well?

Absolutely. Civilian or military.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Camp Bullis - 06/26/19 12:36 AM

Camp Bullis had herds of Axis years ago. Haven't seen them in years since they closed it up to traffic.
Posted By: mow

Re: Camp Bullis - 06/29/19 02:50 AM

i almost said anybody that is drunk and liberal..but they wouldnt be on our lease..i read it as "camp bullys"!.lol

Re: Camp Bullis - 06/29/19 05:41 PM

Thanks for the information everyone! I have learned a lot on this hunting forum! This farm raised military man needs to get out and help fill some freezers!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum