Texas Hunting Forum

Amazing amount of rain this spring portens a fantastic future

Posted By: Flashprism

Amazing amount of rain this spring portens a fantastic future - 06/03/19 11:26 PM

Finding it difficult to constrain my enthusiasm for our prospects this year. My place in Dickens has received in excess of 19" of rain since January.Although a slow start rain has fallen at very reasonable intervals since February.
Jan 1"
Feb 3"
April 5"
May 10"

Total 19"

When you consider that this area gets an average of 23 inches in total rain fall a year we have received over 80% of the annual total in just 5 months.

If luck holds out we should have a fantastic quail and deer season with plenty of feed and nutrients to ensure peak condition of our highly respected wild critters. let's hope our Lord keeps up the great conditions.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Amazing amount of rain this spring portens a fantastic future - 06/04/19 12:50 AM

We are in Dickens county as well. As green as I have ever seen it.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Amazing amount of rain this spring portens a fantastic future - 06/04/19 12:54 PM

After the drought of 2018 my place in Stonewall county now looks like a jungle. I'm loving it.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Amazing amount of rain this spring portens a fantastic future - 06/04/19 01:04 PM

cheers nice ta hear good news...
flag
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Amazing amount of rain this spring portens a fantastic future - 06/04/19 01:41 PM

I'm in northern King County and I'm going to have to mow. It's wet and green and the deer have all but abandoned our protein stations opting for the more than abundant natural forage. It looks to remain wet thru the summer and the last time it was this wet I laid down a 194 so I'm hoping perhaps for similar results.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum