Texas Hunting Forum

Best Flashlight

Posted By: BrianCook_RanchSales

Best Flashlight - 04/30/19 10:01 PM

I know this will have lots of different opinions, and theres probably been a past thread about this. But what is the brightest flashlight. Good battery life, easy to find batteries, not too heavy, etc... Lets hear some thoughts
Posted By: TenTenWhitetails

Re: Best Flashlight - 04/30/19 10:17 PM

Sniper Hog Light
Posted By: PMK

Re: Best Flashlight - 04/30/19 10:29 PM

FlashTorch by wicked lasers
Posted By: 20bore

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/01/19 01:59 AM

Streamlight Protac HL 5X
Posted By: HWY72

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/01/19 12:05 PM

These Duracell are hard to beat at the price. I got a couple when they were on sale for $19 at Costco. Mine are 1300 lumens, very bright, and have the adjustable beam. The new ones are 1500 lumens.

Duracell flashlight
Posted By: 68A

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/01/19 01:10 PM

Depends on the use. I carry a Streamlight microstream everyday, it’s compact and rechargeable. It’s also bright enough for my intended purposes and battery life is outstanding. Also carry a Streamlight stylus in my bag if I need something a bit brighter. Still pocket size, just a bit longer, it has good battery life as well.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/01/19 01:13 PM

I like Surefire
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/01/19 01:33 PM

Thorfire
On amazon
Been using them for about five years very bright
Dependable
The 900 lumen is killer all around
And priced right
Posted By: TLew

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/01/19 02:53 PM

Big fan of ThruNite. Bang for the buck is stellar, and build quality is amazing. I got their TN36 as a truck flash light, and although it's like a coke can, it puts out 11,000 lumens for $250.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/01/19 02:58 PM

Figured I'd throw in a headlamp recommendation too -- I use a Gemini Olympia light that is meant for a bicycle, but it has a headlamp strap that holds the light and external battery pack. Great headlamp, good run time, and plenty bright, but you'll pay for it.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/01/19 03:33 PM

For "best" is cheap, I usually lose it before needing new batteries, never had a problem with a bulb burning out, I usually lost it before it had a chance.
Posted By: 4x4willie

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/02/19 02:41 PM

Coast at Home Depot or online hold up very well, check them out, hand held or head band they’re great
Posted By: BassBuster1

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/03/19 07:03 PM

Wicked Light
Stream Light
Posted By: trigger time

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/03/19 07:24 PM

Iv'e got surefire, stream light, lighforce ext, but I have had great luck with the coast lights as well. And one I use all the time is a cheap little rayovac led head lamp.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/03/19 08:57 PM

X2
Like the headband for hands free.
Originally Posted by 4x4willie
Coast at Home Depot or online hold up very well, check them out, hand held or head band they’re great
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/04/19 02:54 PM

Coast is hard to beat. I have a flock of them.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Ben Kabisch

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/06/19 04:16 PM

I've got Nebo Redline flashlights around the house and in the cars...they work great and not too expensive! I DO need to find a good headlamp though
Posted By: HornSlayer

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/17/19 03:50 AM

That's a loaded question. Depends. I go cheap. For walking into a blind I use a UF T20 with a green or red led. For long range digital scope illumination I use a 950nm T20 with a doubler mounted over the lens. It allows me to easily see out past 400 yards with my digital scope. Personally, I wouldn't spend more than $30 or $40 for a handheld flashlight. Just go to ebay and search for "LED Torch 18650".

One special note. Do not buy the generic 18650 batteries, they might explode on you. Your best bet is to buy Panasonic NCR18650B cells from a reputable dealer. Again, I can't stress enough the dangers buying generic repurposed batteries reclaimed out of old laptop battery packs.
Posted By: djs303

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/17/19 04:42 AM

Surefire for flashlight and for headlamp I like black diamond
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/17/19 11:23 AM

To answer your question.... what are you going to use it for?

Streamlight.

They make something that fits whatever the criteria is your looking for.

They are NOT cheap but they work are American made and have a lifetime warranty.

This will be one vote against surefire, they wish they were streamlight.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/17/19 12:36 PM

I refuse to own any flashlight that won't operate with relatively inexpensive, rechargeable batteries.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/17/19 02:26 PM

I refuse to use a flashlight with rechargeable batteries.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/17/19 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
I refuse to own any flashlight that won't operate with relatively inexpensive, rechargeable batteries.

Which ones don't? I own several brands and models and they all do. Honestly, I can't think of any that don't.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/17/19 07:53 PM

I have a Nightstick Tac-350 (https://www.baycoproducts.com/product/tactical/item/tac-350b) which has impressed me. It's made by Bayco Products (https://www.baycoproducts.com/about-ns), a North Texas-based company, with excellent customer service.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/17/19 08:04 PM

I have one that has 50,000 lumens and was $7.00 on a Chinese website. It uses 200,00 mah 18650 batteries. It is awesome... rolleyes
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/19/19 07:10 PM

Picked up an Olight - can't recall the model SRII maybe? Awesome little light and bright as can be - adjustable power settings. Magnetic USB charger. Purchased a backup battery as well. Small enough to fit in your pocket, plus has a clip for wearing on your hat.
Posted By: wfhunter

Re: Best Flashlight - 05/23/19 03:53 AM

This is great small/medium well made aluminum flashlight for $13 at Home Depot. It uses 3 C size batteries, not heavy, and fits in your hunting bag easy. A set of batteries last me all fall hunting season. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Defiant-1200-Lumens-LED-Flashlight-18FL0209/305098620. I have several rechargeable Streamlights and I hardly use them anymore. I can't believe they are only $13 ($12.97).
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum