Texas Hunting Forum

Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain"

Posted By: Flashprism

Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/23/19 12:20 PM

Spent the last 2 weeks putting is several acres of food plots at my place in Dickens county. Planted peas, Milo, and no till with radish. Finished on 4/12 and was blessed with 3" of rain on the 13th and 14th. Peas were starting to show the last couple days, Leaving this am and received an additional 1 1/2 last night. In excess of 7" since February. Looks like a great forecast for the next several weeks. Maybe we will recover from the spring drought of last year. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/23/19 01:01 PM

Good news. I'm heading that way this weekend. I bet it's getting colorful out there. cheers
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/23/19 01:01 PM

AGREED!!! My place in Stonewall county is as green as I have ever seen it. Wildflowers everywhere. Amazing what some well timed rain will do.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/23/19 02:30 PM

I wish yall would keep all that rain out west. Yall need it, Fannin county damn sure does not!
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/23/19 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by FiremanJG
I wish yall would keep all that rain out west. Yall need it, Fannin county damn sure does not!

Neither does Cass county, we are already 20% above normal for the year and Thursday is 100%.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/23/19 03:37 PM

Nooooooo, my water gaps are still blown out in Haskell. You will take this rain and like it, mister! roflmao
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/23/19 04:48 PM

Looks like 80% chance for good rains today.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/23/19 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

Nooooooo, my water gaps are still blown out in Haskell. You will take this rain and like it mister! roflmao

bs and you can't make me!
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/23/19 11:50 PM

Pitchfork Green as can be all the way down to Sweetwater. If we luck out and we get the rains in the forecast we should have a great season. Quail were calling every morning in reasonable numbers!!!!!
Posted By: llbts1

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/24/19 01:41 AM

Boy it would be nice for the quail to bounce back.
Posted By: Lotto

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/24/19 06:22 PM

Heading up to the Farm next week......gotta get an edge on mowing around our cabin before it gets out of hand....my wife's bluebonnets came up this year...yey... wind got her bird feeders... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Off to a Fantastic start " Great Rain" - 04/26/19 01:17 PM

Watch for snakes.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum