Texas Hunting Forum

question for the international hunter

Posted By: txtrophy85

question for the international hunter - 04/20/19 03:07 PM

Do you purchase travel insurance? This policy is costing me $450 and covers gear, flight delays/re-routes, loss of trip, travel, etc.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: question for the international hunter - 04/20/19 04:44 PM

I have in the past. One of the main reasons being my mom at the end of her life. But they're iffy on pre-existing situations. On a big international trip, I think it's worth it. I've never had to file a claim though.

Not to worry you, but the baggage abuse and theft at Jo'burg is in a class all it's own. Remember TIA. All part of the experience. up
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: question for the international hunter - 04/22/19 12:23 AM

IT is better to have it and not need it ,than to not have it and need it. I always got it for international trips. Forrest
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: question for the international hunter - 04/22/19 12:34 AM

Read what the exclusions are, carefully. Most of the one's I've seen aren't very comprehensive in what they cover. I've personally never bought travel insurance.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: question for the international hunter - 04/22/19 01:11 AM

If the trip itself is expensive or you are taking gear that’s expensive absolutely.

Also don’t forget about medical insurance. It all depends on where I am headed, the activities to be done on the trip and “said” risk involved with those activities. But the number one question is, “if I need medical care, is where I am going able to provide the level of care I may need?” If there is any hesitation in me answering that question.... I get the travel policy + medical policy without hesitation. The cost for each could be a game changer if needed & is a drop in the bucket for what you likely spent to go on the trip and even a smaller drop in the bucket if your life depends on quality medical care. Just my .02 worth.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: question for the international hunter - 04/22/19 10:22 PM

I ended up buying it.

$452 covers me and my wife’s travel & trip expenses, sporting gear, luggage, medical & evac services.
Posted By: Blank

Re: question for the international hunter - 04/22/19 10:50 PM

Definitely a good value, if you need it for any reason. Certainly provides peace of mind knowing its there. My son travels for his work as video/photographer and has separate comprehensive policies for his equipment (some lenses alone are $10K each). For annual medical they use Global Rescue medical AND security evacuation services. In Nepal right now for a lifetime experience!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum