Texas Hunting Forum

How do you view your pics?

Posted By: Back 96

How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 03:21 PM

Just put out 5 new game cameras. Curious how folks on here check their game cameras. Do you have an IPad or other pic reader, take it out in the field and download your pics right there? Do folks use special card reader devices or just a tablet? Refurbished Ipads are pretty cheap as is the Amazon Fire tablet. Appreciate your suggestions.
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 04:00 PM

Cheap Cool-pix camera in the field, swap SD card and look at home on computer.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 04:28 PM

Have 2 SD cards for each cam. Take one out put new one in then look at pics on the MacBook.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 04:46 PM

Swap cards and look on laptop at camp, truck or home. Always keep spare cards in my backpack.
Posted By: BubRay

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Txduckman
Swap cards and look on laptop at camp, truck or home. Always keep spare cards in my backpack.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 06:58 PM

X2
Posted By: redchevy

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 07:58 PM

My wife likes to run the chips. We go around and I fill feed and she downloads the chips on the laptop. During season we either just pull the chip after the hunt sometimes I look at them on the digital camera I take to the blind.
Posted By: glocker17

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 08:15 PM

Use and old Android phone to view pics, I use micro SD cards in cameras so I can pop them into the phone. You can probably have an old phone in a drawer somewhere already...
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 08:57 PM

Laptop.
Put card in. Hit ">" till I have seen all of the pictures. Will copy any that are worth saving to a file.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 09:01 PM

Mine are cellular so they automatically save on the camera app and text or email to me.
Posted By: rickym

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 09:23 PM

Card reader that plugs into my phone or ipad
Posted By: kmon11

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/14/19 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. T.

X2

X3
Posted By: Grizz

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/15/19 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by kmon1

X2

X3

Same here. I have a card reader for my tablet, but I only use it for a quick look for camera placement. I can't scroll through them on the tablet, I can only look at one at a time and go back. It's too much of a PITA so I use my laptop.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/15/19 12:57 PM

Small digital camera for me
I can speed through pics, delete individually, or all at once. Sure beats having to look at each one if you have a couple of hundred.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/16/19 07:13 PM

I bought a chip reader that plugs into my Samsung phone. At first I was using the built in "My Files" app that came with the phone but like Grizz said I could only look at one pic at a time. Then I found an app called "X-plore" that allows me to scroll through the pics just like I can with my "Gallery" app on the phone. If there are a lot of pictures I take the chip back to camp where I have a TV and a DVD player with a USB port that I can plug a chip reader into.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/16/19 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Grizz
Originally Posted by kmon1

X2

X3

Same here. I have a card reader for my tablet, but I only use it for a quick look for camera placement. I can't scroll through them on the tablet, I can only look at one at a time and go back. It's too much of a PITA so I use my laptop.

X5. I will swap the cards and view them on desktop or laptop since I run at least 6 cameras. Lot times I see things on the larger screen that would have been missed on a smaller screen.
Posted By: PMK

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/17/19 04:17 PM

I used to just down load to the ipad for later viewing, but the ipad started getting too full since I would forget to delete the no-needed pictures. I now try to carry a few spare blank cards and merely swap them out.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/17/19 04:21 PM

SD card reader for my phone.
Posted By: RedRaider13

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/17/19 05:51 PM

I download them to an iPad in the field. Works well, and can quickly scroll through pictures.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/18/19 07:03 PM

I carry a sack of SD card, swap them out go back to house and view on laptop. Hunting is behind the house so is easy to do.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: How do you view your pics? - 04/18/19 11:39 PM

Carry extra SD cards
Pull cards from camera and view at home on desk top. Had a card reader but it did not last.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum