Texas Hunting Forum

I must be getting soft in my older age 67

Posted By: Buzzsaw

I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 08:24 PM

I used to want to kill everything legal, now, I watch all the hunting shows . Seems now i dont like watching the animal "die". I would not shoot an elephant, big cat, zebra. Not that I would ever have the chance.

anyone else feeling this way??? confused2
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 09:03 PM

I use to be the same way if it moved then I took a shot at it. Not so now, just don't feel the same way. Elephant, giraffe, zebra just no way.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 09:11 PM

I have known many old timers that have used the phrase "I just ain't mad at the animals anymore".
Now I just want good venison in the freezer, and to enjoy others going after the critters. If someone else wants to go hunt a few does for me, I am happy to let them, I will clean them. And I can usually find some teenagers that want to kill everything do the job for me.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 09:15 PM

No
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by SapperTitan
No
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 09:33 PM

Yup your getting soft, hope to drop a Zebra this May then hang it in a tree for a Leopard to eat and whack him.....LOL

Than again I did let a Aoudad walk a few months ago figured unless he was a giant wasnt worth getting all stinky for and doing a bunch if work since their not good to eat. I think when you get older you just want to work smarter not harder.
Posted By: snoopy

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 10:04 PM

Yep, but commenting would cause a high fence vs. low fence type never endingness.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 10:19 PM

I am not as mad at them as I one was but still hunt, and will shoot a few a year for meat. If one of those happens to be a big buck so be it, itherwise a few does works well for the table.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 10:20 PM

Meat for the freezer, then I watch.
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
anyone else feeling this way??? confused2

Yes, never wanted to kill a trophy like cat or elephant, haven't actually gone out intending to hunt deer in several years. The last few I took was from the house and that was because it presented an easy meal. I shoot all the hogs I can though.
Posted By: don k

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 10:46 PM

I have not shot a WT Buck deer in many years. How large a bucks antlers are means nothing to me. It doesn't bother me to kill an animal. I have killed many in my lifetime. From my own pets that needed it to neighbors dogs that needed it. I try to shoot an Axis each year to make sausage. I have passed up Axis bucks that most would have been very proud to take. I have been invited to go to New Mexico private land hunting for Mule Deer numerous times for free by a neighbor and have thanked him for the invitation but have declined. As for Africa I have no interest. Maybe it is old age. Now I still enjoy looking at wildlife but the actual taking or killing part does not interest me.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/07/19 11:38 PM

I had no desire to kill an elk. Then I went and killed one. Had no desire to go to Africa and then the opportunity presented itself so now I’m a few months away. Always said I’d never kill a moose, then I went and booked a moose hunt. Had no interest in killing a bear until I saw one feeding on a hillside then I couldn’t wait to go after him.....

I have no qualms about killing a big cat. Elephant, I don’t know. They are not attractive to me but killing the largest land animal on earth does hold some intrigue. Zebras have no trophy quality so I’m indifferent about them but may take one for a rug.

God gave animals to us for our use. He did not specify what for, other than we have dominion over them.

I’m currently having to talk myself out of going hunting because both my freezers are full and I need to be more conservative with my mounts. It has never been about food for me, rather the thrill of the chase
Posted By: nuprofessor

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 03:53 AM

Most animals I have no interest in shooting. My main criteria for shooting is : Can I eat it? Really doesn’t make sense to just kill something for the fun of it. Do have a few “Can I eat it” exceptions. Predators are fair game. More so a bobcat. Would love to get a nice rug made.
Posted By: redhaze

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 11:00 AM

Just predators any more.
Posted By: Stub

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 11:41 AM

Never had the desire to shoot an Elephant or Giraffe but no problem with anyone that does. I would like to shoot a great Zebra and have a rug made from it.

It is obvious by all of the picture I take of Bucks on the small place I hunt without shooting one that I have never been mad at them. If a big mature buck comes out I will gladly take it but will not shoot a big young buck just to say I shot a big buck. Now Pigs and Yotes yep I am always mad at them and will shoot on sight.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 12:05 PM

Sometimes I want to kill, sometimes I want to just hunt. It depends on my mood, and I have no problem with anyone killing anything that they enjoy hunting.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 12:27 PM

At 62 yrs of age now, I have always loved to hunt and still do. I hunt to kill when I do hunt, just tag limitations come in to effect to limit how much I do shoot. In seasons where I have tagged my one AR 13" buck on my place, I still go to the blind to hunt almost everyday. I will have doe tags and one unbranched antler buck tag to fill. I guess I am part of that group that has never had any desire to hunt in Africa and still don't. I still prefer to hunt for whitetail and mule deer now every season over any of the other game animals. Still kill all the predators and hogs year round when I see them.
Posted By: Dennis in Ft Worth

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 12:34 PM

I turn 70 in a few months and am sitting here this morning recuperating from spinal fusion surgery. Getting tired of reading and watching "Lone Star Law" and wishing I was out after the hogs. Making a horseback, pack-in hunt for elk and mulies has long been on my bucket list. Now, well... my best advise is to get out and "just do it" (oops!) while you're able!
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 12:44 PM

I'm still mad at the pigs. Kill 'em all! Otherwise, I never was the "if it moves, it gets shot" type of guy. I shoot enough deer to fill the freezer, then stop shooting deer. Repeat the following year.

I might shoot a zebra, but that is only because I heard they tasted good. Don't want to go hunt Africa simply because you wouldn't be able to bring the meat home.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 12:44 PM

I will never grow too old to enjoy killing any critter that has a desire to bite you.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 01:06 PM

never did feel that I had to shoot anything & everything, maybe a little more so now.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 01:08 PM

I don’t shoot it if it’s too big to drag - elephant, moose, elk, and such. Deer and hogs are draggable, or at least they were when I was younger.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 01:10 PM

I kill pigs with giddy, reckless abandon. However, I haven't hunted for horns in years and only shoot deer to put them in the freezer.
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 01:11 PM

At 71 still love to trap, hunt, fish and be out doors. Will observe for hours and never get bored. Hunt every day of deer season (bow and rifle) Like to score annually but equally pleased to see someone I care about fill their tag, Pass on opportunities more often than not to ensure the need for tomorrows hunt. Focus on bettering previous best but just darn happy to be out there. Makes me sick to see any unnecessary pain and or suffering to any critter. Once wanted to do an African archery hunt but never could and now that's fine. Really don't know what my life would have been like if my Dad hadn't taken me afield at 10 years old. Loved to play baseball and football but never found a passion for side line observation. The outdoors is a critical part of who I am and who I want to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I am too old to get afield I'm ready to get with those who have past but took the time share this wonderful outdoors addiction with me.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 02:47 PM

Great posts guys, glad I'm not alone,

I think , IF, I ever won the Powerball, I would go to Africa, just to say I did and see for myself if its now just another huge "Texas" ranch with high fences and different species of game.

It just doesnt seem like the mystical place it once was many years ago.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 02:59 PM

If you told me I could never shoot another deer it would be fine with me but I kill hogs and coyotes on our place every chance I get. You couldn't pay me to go to Africa.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 04:05 PM

No, but I did catch and release three large crappie last weekend. God only knows why
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 04:55 PM

If you enjoy watching something die, there's something wrong with you. But as the old saying goes (paraphrasing, I think), "I do not hunt to kill, I kill to have hunted."

I realize the OP listed some African animals in his first post, but he was asking about "getting soft". It's always been curious to me how many are so quick to make the grand pronouncement that "I'd never, have no desire to, never interested me, etc., etc." regarding Africa. Okay, fine. 'Just never understood the drive to announce it. I've had guys do it in person, after they've asked me if I've been to Africa; usually just pompous fools. It's a magical place, not all high fences (unless you insist on erroneously substituting the southern most country in it (South Africa) for the second largest continent in the world ("Africa"), as many do, and even then, there's some great hunting in South Africa.

Of course it's not like it was in yesteryear. Nothing in this world is. There's crushing poverty, endless political corruption, and yes, you might have to let a Professional Hunter tell you what to shoot or not shoot. I know a lot of "legends" don't like that last part. But every time you go, you realize there's LESS you know about it.

I know very little about the place, but I wouldn't trade the experiences I've had there for anything. To each his own.
Posted By: PMK

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 06:29 PM

the way I was raised, there was 3 reasons to kill something ... 1. for food, 2. if it was a threat to you or loved ones 3. you would get some good out of killing it.

Although I was raised to fill the freezer and not waste anything, trophy hunting wasn't a part of it. Yes, it was nice to shoot a big buck but that wasn't the main goal. We kept our family, neighbors and friends freezers full and we did 100% of all of our own processing. I loved killing and shooting!!! I would fill my tags, my dad's tags, my brother's tag (that he didn't fill), my mom's (she wasn't a hunter), etc. ... until all the freezers were full. About 25 years ago, a friend (city boy, non-hunter) bought a place but didn't want to run cattle, wanted to convert to wildlife improvement exemption that he asked me to help with to improve quality, quantity, etc. of the herd. At that point my mind shift changed to management on improving the area instead of just filling the freezer. Since then, I usually hunt 50-60 days each season but only take 1-3 deer for our freezer depending on how full it is. I spend another 25-30 days during the non-season observing to see what we have available and what something might grow into. I can sit for hours on end watching nature, how the deer (and other animals) react, act, etc. studying them and their habits including moon phase and where the moon is in each cycle around earth. The older I get, the more I appreciate what God has provided and take the time to enjoy every aspect. I also enjoy helping others get involved with hunting and learning more about the hobby while appreciating the time in the woods over merely shooting and/or killing.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 06:35 PM

Nope.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 07:27 PM

When I used to pay for a lease to hunt I was all about filling my tags, now that I hunt my own place I do a lot of watching but keep venison and pork in the freezer. I have no problem dropping a coyote or cat but don't usually go after them specifically.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 10:09 PM

I'm 58 and still get a strong urge to kill fully mature deer and all hogs. Africa has not called me yet, but I hope to experience it eventually.

I enjoy watching wildlife and always have. I've never had a big urge to kill predators being one myself. I have killed many coyotes but have let a few pass as well.

I let middle age deer walk that in my younger days I would of whacked. I enjoy taking pics of those deer and seeing what they grow into. When they get to 6+ I will not hesitate, lol.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
It's always been curious to me how many are so quick to make the grand pronouncement that "I'd never, have no desire to, never interested me, etc., etc." regarding Africa. Okay, fine. 'Just never understood the drive to announce it. I've had guys do it in person, after they've asked me if I've been to Africa; usually just pompous fools. It's a magical place, not all high fences (unless you insist on erroneously substituting the southern most country in it (South Africa) for the second largest continent in the world ("Africa"), as many do, and even then, there's some great hunting in South Africa.

I can shed a little light on that, at least as far as my personal experience goes. I would proclaim I never wanted to go to Africa after being engaged in conversations with other hunters who traveled around and hunted away from their home state. They would start talking about their travels here, there and yon and then the subject of Africa would come up. Asking if I had been or were going and at the moment the answer was a very honest " no, I have no desire" as it did not intrigue me. I think Sable and Kudu are two of the most beautiful animals in existance and I loved the way a mature Nyala looks but I could not fathom flying 22 hours 1 way when there were monster mule deer to shoot in Sonora, Red Stag, Mouflon sheep and Fallow deer in the Czech Republic, Ibex in Spain or many of the various sheep/goats in countries that in in "stan'" ( I will add that travel did factor into my hunting dreams, just not to Africa. I've found most, but not all, hunters who say they don't want to go to Africa won't travel more than a few states away, if that, to hunt) Life has a way of making you eat some crow from time to time, but when a slam dunk opportunity presents itself, then you tend to reach out and grab it.

I think collectively, as hunters, there is a big bell curve, with the majority being happy and content shooting whatever game is available locally and never having a want to venture outside that.
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/08/19 11:41 PM

Priorities, wants, desires...….they all change on a daily basis for most if not all of us. No shame in that.

"Hunting"......just the thought of that word sends my mind into a whirlwind of adventure, yet during different parts of my life it has had a significantly different meaning. Ever since my father gave me a BB gun I dreamt of going on "big hunting trips". With the BB gun, that consisted of sneaking out the back door quietly, thoughtfully plotting my way from cover to cover (oak tree to oak tree) to get on a squirrel or a cottontail. As I got into my teens and my first rifle was given to me, that consisted of going to the deer lease in Comanche County with my father or to my Grandfathers ranch in Oklahoma hunting for whitetail. Once married and stable with finances and family...that consisted of Elk hunts in Colorado (helps to marry into a family with private ranch land in Colorado....I ain't no dummy grin ). As the years have passed the last little while it consisted of taking my sons to the deer lease, not for me to hunt, but for them to live the same adventure hopefully. I have shot my whitetail of a lifetime and so have my boys over the past few years. The adventure of whitetail hunting has faded from me....to some degree. My boys still love it and my girls are interested in doing it....so I keep the adventure alive. Hunting for me is now hopefully getting to Alaska for a moose, mtn, goat, or bear. Day dreaming and planning about a sheep hunt some day. Africa?....absolutely. Both on safari taking thousands of photos as well as hunting the various animals found there. No, I don't have a desire to shoot an elephant or a giraffe but I have no problem with anyone that does. I love to travel, I love adventure and I love hunting. I guess what I am trying to say/convey is that as we get older or "CHANGE", so do our priorities, wants and desires and there are multiple reasons as to why. Am I to the point to where I don't want to shoot another Elk. Maybe, but that thought would only cross my mind if I am without someone else around to help pack it out, almost. But I still love the hunt, whether there is a kill or not. What that means to me and to anyone else is expectedly different and that's okay. My "hunting adventure" lives on and I hope part of it will do the same for my kids as I know my fathers and Grandfathers love for "hunting" did for me. My 5 yr old girl wants to shoot a pig and my9 yo girl wants to shoot a rabbit. That is the current desire and it may end there, or they may be the next Eva Shockey, who knows. But I won't ever measure a man /woman by what they want to hunt or have hunted or if they ever hunted. There is more to life...….
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/09/19 12:17 AM

Killing in and of itself has never been an issue for me. I grew up knowing where meat comes from. I am not grateful to the animal itself but I am grateful to God for providing it. And I will never disrespect His creation that we are to be good stewards of.

But there are some animals I have no desire to kill and some methods of hunting that I don’t care for and never will.

I’m sure that’s true of most.
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/09/19 12:55 AM

Hmmm, not sure, after hog hunting yesterday afternoon, I stopped the truck to cut the head off a water moccasin in the wet roadway with a spud bar then got home and picked up a cricket and set him outside. Whatever the urge.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/09/19 10:05 AM

At 76 I don't really look forward to hunting season like I used to. I've hunted/killed most of the American animals but never shot a bear or moose. I own my own small 133 acre place in Montague County that I hunt and doubt that I'll ever hunt anywhere else. Never figured I'd hunt Africa or go back to the Rocky Mountains due to the $$$$ involved. Then, a couple of years ago my Grandson and his best friend graduated from High School. Daughter asked what they wanted for graduation. They said Africa. Daughter called my Wife and asked if WE wanted to go. She said yes. I saw dollar signs and said I'd go but didn't want to hunt. Then we briefly saw a Kudu and my mind/desire did a 180. Didn't get a Kudu but did shoot a nyala, wildebeest, and Impala. They're on the wall with the deer and elk.

Last season I killed 2 bucks on my place but couldn't find either one of them. That sickens me and no matter what the excuse, it's my fault. I don't shoot as well as I used to so not entirely sure what next season will bring. What I know it will bring is $$$$ for corn, rice bran, batteries, replacing game cams and feeders. I no longer bow hunt; just not steady enough. I'm pretty well a "has been" but not a "never was".

My place is butt deep in hogs but I have zero interest in shooting anything just to make it dead. No way I can make an impact on their numbers anyway since none of the neighbors hunt. The last time I planted wheat, the hogs destroyed it.

This year, I expect most of my "hunting" will be an attempt to identify/catch the poacher who uses my land more than I do.

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/09/19 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
Hmmm, not sure, after hog hunting yesterday afternoon, I stopped the truck to cut the head off a water moccasin in the wet roadway with a spud bar then got home and picked up a cricket and set him outside. Whatever the urge.

There are some who would attack you for killing that water moccasin because it was causing you no harm and because it provides some benefits. However, to me that equates to not spraying for mosquitos because you end up killing the ones that will never bite you. If something is abundant and has the potential for causing harm to humans, I have no remorse when killing it. In fact, I often enjoy it rather than feeling I am somehow better than others for not doing it. As far as I know, crickets cause no harm and are considered my some to be good luck when found in the home.

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/09/19 01:01 PM

If you enjoy watching something die, there's something wrong with you.

It's not so much watching something die as it is knowing a potential harm has been eliminated.

I have never and will never shed a tear when killing mice, rats, venomous snakes, feral hogs, coyotes, mosquitos, and fire ants.
Posted By: B Razorback

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/10/19 02:30 AM

I'm 22 and I've been hunting since I was 6. I use to be all crazy about getting my hands on the next animal worth shooting, but times have changed for me. Of course I get in the duck hunts, dove hunts, and bow hunts, but I guess I've matured and understand more? I only shoot what I know I'm going to eat. Any pig or coyote that stands in my way is a goner, but all other animals I enjoy watching unless I need some meat. And more importantly, I've really enjoyed the fact of taking new people out in the woods to share the experience with them. My grandfather shared it with me, so it's the least I could do for my friends.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/10/19 03:08 AM

Depends on circumstances.

Coyotes, good.
Hogs, good.
Armadillos, good.
Prairie dogs, good.

Whitetail does, in Runnels county where they are over-populated, little remorse, thankful for the meat.
Whitetail does, in Fannin county where I don't see enough, let em all walk, glad to see them on my place.
Whitetail bucks in Fannin county, where I don't see enough, let em all walk, unleee I see a biggun.
Elk Bull, depends on what I've seen thus far, +/- for the acreage.
Elk cow, depends on what I've seen thus far, +/- for the acreage.

You get the idea.
Posted By: tlk

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/10/19 11:01 AM

My Dad was an avid hunter for many years - he even wrote a hunting and fishing column for the newspaper for many years called Rod and Gun. Then when he was in his 60's he quit hunting with a rifle and starting hunting with a camera. He just said he was not interested in killing animals any longer. I am 66 and have not lost the hunting bug yet
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/16/19 09:06 AM

As old age creeps up on me and my health is dwindling. I enjoy the hunt and the kill more than ever. I have a couple of sayings. One is the last animal harvested is my favorite (this goes along with everything I do, from finding an arrowhead, playing a round of golf, catching a fish etc...). The second is there is no guaranteed tomorrow.
Posted By: angus1956

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/18/19 07:11 PM

It's called the appreciation stage of your hunting career I have a deer stand behind the house and enjoy just sitting and seeing the animals, but if a good buck comes in he's going to have a bad day. Shoot or not it's still a good day in the woods.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/18/19 09:42 PM

I’ve always felt that way about African game for some reason. Would never want to shoot an elephant, giraffe, etc
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/20/19 02:36 AM

Unless I’m gonna eat it, I don’t really care to kill it. Rattlesnakes are pretty safe, unless they’re on the porch or something.

I got no problem killing a critter for food, though.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/20/19 02:45 AM

If you enjoy watching something die, there's something wrong with you. But as the old saying goes (paraphrasing, I think), "I do not hunt to kill, I kill to have hunted."

Enjoyment or not, do you appreciate the thousands of packing plant workers that allow me and you to run to HEB and get a prime ribeye and some Jimmy Dean sausage??
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/20/19 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy

Enjoyment or not, do you appreciate the thousands of packing plant workers that allow me and you to run to HEB and get a prime ribeye and some Jimmy Dean sausage??

I have no earthly idea what my post has to do with packing plant workers...but, yes? scratch
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/20/19 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy

No!!!!! i almost run over one of those drunk idiots every time I go through Cactus TX and it’s posted 45 mph!!!!!!!!
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/20/19 03:38 AM

Well, idk but if I hit the lotto and could hunt whatever

I can honestly say, I can’t imagine ever hunting any African animals

I don’t care if others do but I just never had any interest. Not a single one appeals to me

North America offers everything I’d even consider

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/20/19 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by procraft05

I don’t care if others do but I just never had any interest. Not a single one appeals to me

No Africa but I would start every Aug off in Alaska and head south hunting all the way to Argentina. Once I got done with my charity giving of 50 ducks a day I might think of hitting all the stains and Russia, but not Africa.

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/20/19 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

No Africa but I would start every Aug off in Alaska and head south hunting all the way to Argentina. Once I got done with my charity giving of 50 ducks a day I might think of hitting all the stains and Russia, but not Africa.

I’d like to start in Alaska but may stop around the Rio, LOL

Moose, Elk, Mulies, ducks, WT, antelope maybe a bear or two or 3 lol444 and I’m good

To each their own, I don’t ever care for New Zealand Stags for some reason, IDK

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/20/19 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

I’d like to start in Alaska but may stop around the Rio, LOL

Moose, Elk, Mulies, ducks, WT, antelope maybe a bear or two or 3 lol444 and I’m good

To each their own, I don’t ever care for New Zealand Stags for some reason, IDK

Oddly I really just want to fish New Zealand but still would hunt it especially the public land hunts. I feel like I need to experience the roar, but that’s Spring hunt so if I get tried of South America it’s would be a good back up

Re: I must be getting soft in my older age 67 - 04/20/19 04:20 AM

I’m talking strictly KMA money

Id hunt those listed and learn to fly fish

Learn of where to go in the hunting off season, hit those and pick up the rod

Btw, I too don’t enjoy watching an animal die

I just appreciate the hell out it

Like I’m an American, I get to do this. I will later prepare it type deal and enjoy it again.

An hopefully enjoy it all with my daughter
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum