Texas Hunting Forum

Recommendations for Wild Game Processing around Corpus Christi

Posted By: TexasBlueDevil

Recommendations for Wild Game Processing around Corpus Christi - 03/12/19 01:33 AM

I'm taking my son on a Nilgai/Hog hunt for spring break near Raymondville. We will also do some fishing afterwards.

I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for Wild Game Processing around Corpus Christi.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TBD
Posted By: kyle1974

Re: Recommendations for Wild Game Processing around Corpus Christi - 04/08/19 06:23 AM

My advice would be to drive north to seguin and take it to penshorns or granzins. All of the places that do sausage here suck. The place in kingsville was really bad. Half cured dry sausage that never would fully dry out.

If you just want steaks and ground meat then Moody’s is pretty good. But you need to call before hand to make sure they’ll accept an animal. They get full and will shut down any new orders.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Recommendations for Wild Game Processing around Corpus Christi - 04/08/19 12:19 PM

Granzins has a location in Pleasanton now. I would take it to Wiatrek's in Poth first though.
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Recommendations for Wild Game Processing around Corpus Christi - 04/10/19 04:14 AM

Staples Street Meat Market does a great job. Also Moody’s Meats.
Posted By: JB1316

Re: Recommendations for Wild Game Processing around Corpus Christi - 04/11/19 01:29 AM

If you live in Houston you’ll drive through (or very close to) Refugio. I took a buck out of the Arkansas Wildlife Refuge near there this year and had Tuttles Meat Market process it. I’m very happy with their sausage. Was snacking on it today as a matter of fact.
© 2022 Texas Hunting Forum