Texas Hunting Forum

Stolen from Tyler Tx

Posted By: jts728

Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/04/19 08:31 PM

Long shot I know but please keep your eyes open for my deer mounts. Were stolen from my house. Pleas and thank yall. [Linked Image] , [Linked Image] , [Linked Image] , [Linked Image]
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/04/19 08:50 PM

Was that all that was stolen? Sounds like someone is trying to hurt you. Who steals mounts unless they are in the top 100 of Boone and crocket!!!!!!!!!!!! Something fishy!!!!
Posted By: Erny

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/04/19 09:09 PM

Man that stinks! Did they take anything else?
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/04/19 09:12 PM

That truly sucks. I will keep a look out at flea markets, etc in the area for you.

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/04/19 09:47 PM

They left knives, dvds, streamlight only took those 4 mounts 2 boxs of ammo and a 32' TV
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/04/19 09:53 PM

If they took them today it sound like they have a buyer already set up. If they took them before Friday they may have ended up at the Canton First Monday Trades Days.
Either way it sucks and sounds like someone who knew they were there. Hope you get them back.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/04/19 10:11 PM

Wow!! Sorry, that sucks!
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/04/19 10:14 PM

I had a case several months ago where numerous mounts were stolen, like 30 gs worth. I looked on Face Book, Craigs List ect and sure enough found them.

Do a generic search like "deer mounts" best of luck
Posted By: decook

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/04/19 10:37 PM

How low can it get to steal a man's memories.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 12:00 AM

I wil keep an eye out on craigslist and FB market place for you. Hope you get them back and the POS that took them get severely whip whip
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 12:17 AM

Hope you catch the scum and get them back....
Posted By: BubRay

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 12:34 AM

Sorry you are going through this mess.

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Hope you catch the scum and get them back....
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 12:51 AM

Dang that stinks. I will keep an eye down this way, you never know.
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 01:05 AM

Check area pawn shops....might be some drug addict looking for quick cash. Am surprised they would leave knifes.

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 11:58 AM

Thank yall for helping, I'm praying I get them back.
Posted By: White Falcon

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 01:22 PM

I'll keep an eye out.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 01:44 PM

Are people stealing these mounts for resale to buyers with a specific need, such as decorations in restaurants or other places?

I'm just trying to figure out why someone would want someone else's trophies.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 01:50 PM

Wow that sucks. Will keep an eye out for them
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 02:09 PM

Sorry a$$ scum bag(s) bang

If the a$$ hole was to get caught... Wish you could add another head to your collection deer2

Best of luck getting them back.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 02:12 PM

hanged

Sounds like an inside job-have you had any workers out lately?
Posted By: PMK

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan
Are people stealing these mounts for resale to buyers with a specific need, such as decorations in restaurants or other places?

yep, could be decorations for retail/restaurants or even selling just the antlers (not the mounts) as I hear there is decent money in sheds and antlers.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/05/19 04:08 PM

That really sucks. I've learned that most theft in Tyler is from the neighbors lawn guys. They are always watching the houses next to where they work and figuring out when nobody is home there.

Has spring break started yet? Theft always goes up when the kids are out of school. Do you have kids and do any of them have friends that might want your mounts? It really sounds like something a high school kid would steal.

The other day, the owner of Bull and Bones in Chandler was asking anybody on FB if they had any deer mounts that he could have for free to put on the wall in his restaurant. I know that he wouldn't do this, but I would't put it past some of the people he knows. I looked at his FB pics and didn't see anything on the wall yet, but if you are in Chandler, it might be worthwhile getting something to eat there and see what's on the wall.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/06/19 03:08 PM

Sounds like someone that's been to your house, if that's all they took. Especially if it hasn't been rifled through. You got any friends or acquaintances that are hard up for cash?

Almost every time I or any of my relatives have been robbed, it was by a scumbag relative.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/07/19 06:30 PM

Stinks to high heaven? Mounts are personal.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/10/19 09:59 PM

easier to get good money than for remy 870, if you get my drift
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/11/19 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Stinks to high heaven? Mounts are personal.

This...
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/11/19 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by regularguy11B
Sounds like someone that's been to your house, if that's all they took. Especially if it hasn't been rifled through. You got any friends or acquaintances that are hard up for cash?

Almost every time I or any of my relatives have been robbed, it was by a scumbag relative.

Almost 100% agree. Someone has saw them before. Either older kids friends or new friends to you. A stranger in your house? New coworker etc?

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/16/19 04:19 AM

Thank you. I will look tomorrow

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 03/16/19 04:25 AM

Thank yall for the help and advice. I was praying I would have them back by now. 😞

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 06/17/19 02:27 AM

Bump
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 06/17/19 03:48 AM

Dang! Still no luck finding them. Sorry to hear that.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 06/17/19 05:52 PM

All thieves are low life scum in my book, but the ones who would steal something like this knowing they are irreplaceable and probably have more sentimental value than most things have achieved a special level of worthless. I hope you get your mounts back.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 06/19/19 02:43 PM

not much lower than a thief elmer
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 06/20/19 07:20 PM

There is a lucrative market for taxidermy as Man Cave material.

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 12/11/19 01:29 AM

Bump
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 12/11/19 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dry Fire

Well that is pathetic too. Not as bad as stealing not by a stretch. But who in the heck decorates their mancave with someone elses trophies?

Would you decorate your home or even the man cave with someone else's achievements
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 12/11/19 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by laid over
Originally Posted by Dry Fire

Well that is pathetic too. Not as bad as stealing not by a stretch. But who in the heck decorates their mancave with someone elses trophies?

Would you decorate your home or even the man cave with someone else's achievements

People pay a lot for mounts because they are expensive. I wouldn’t go outfitting my house with someone else’s white tail deer but for some of the exotics or African animals I know I’ll never hunt....If the price was right I don’t think I’d pass on a few things. Not about to pass them off as my own but I still appreciate cool animals and good taxidermy work.
I had first pass at a giraffe head that came into my taxidermist shop that they didn’t think would get picked up. I was praying that the guy that brought that thing in wouldn’t show....he did unfortunately.
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 12/11/19 02:50 PM

I'm just trying to figure out why someone would want someone else's trophies.[/quote]

But who in the heck decorates their mancave with someone elses trophies?[/quote]

Serious? I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more. I bet many would decorate their man cave with mounts gotten from other places. If a hunter came across those and knew the value I guarantee he/she would snap them up.

Do you know how many Navy Seals there actually are? Know how many there are on any given weekend at the bars?

This is not even considering the person needing drug money.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Stolen from Tyler Tx - 12/11/19 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by laid over

Yeah, I never figured out why you would want a painting done by another person either. After all, they did it, not you, right?

Think about it. In the end, they are just decoration. People like decorating their house, cabin, garage, etc.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum