Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting info?

Posted By: redog

Hunting info? - 02/28/19 05:59 PM

Does anyone know how the hunting is around Floresville Tx?
Posted By: HWY72

Re: Hunting info? - 02/28/19 06:05 PM

What kind of hunting and which direction from Floresville?
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: Hunting info? - 02/28/19 06:05 PM

What are you hunting for???

Dove hunting can be great! Deer hunting just depends...where will you be hunting in Wilson County?

Re: Hunting info? - 02/28/19 06:24 PM

hear say 6mils out of Floresville towards SA...deer hogs turks?
Posted By: majekman

Re: Hunting info? - 02/28/19 06:31 PM

There is no game to hunt out that way. Send me LOs info and I’ll get on him for trying to cheat you smile ani

Re: Hunting info? - 02/28/19 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by redog
hear say 6mils out of Floresville towards SA...deer hogs turks?

Lots of smaller places - more split up east of 181 than west, but still gonna be pretty much small tracts. There is some game in both areas, so probably mostly depends on the size of the property.

Re: Hunting info? - 02/28/19 06:38 PM

majekman loco loco_too

Re: Hunting info? - 02/28/19 06:42 PM

Thanks HWY72 ...said 264ac...
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Hunting info? - 02/28/19 06:49 PM

There are lot of smaller tracts of land and large subdivisions in that area. Very sandy land also. The size of the place is not as important as the sizes of land on the fencelines. There are pockets of land in that county that can hold really good deer...160 to even into 170 class deer are killed in really wet years and supplemental feed on acreage the size you are looking at. Those type deer are not common but do happen in those pockets. Location is key and then size of neighboring places on the fencelines. I have seen a few photos of deer killed that were all over 160 in the past few years but you I would lease a place expecting that to happen. I would think more 120 class deer with hogs and turkey(depending on roosting cover or how close to river).

Re: Hunting info? - 02/28/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by redog
Thanks HWY72 ...said 264ac...

if you're looking for convenience it's probably worth a look for a place only 30 minutes away.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum