Texas Hunting Forum

hearing protection

Posted By: TKandMike

hearing protection - 02/18/19 08:34 PM

Has anyone used any of Walker's ear buds for shooting? Did they meet your expectations? Are they worth the price? Any alternative products you'd recommend or just stick with regular plugs/muffs?
Posted By: titan2232

Re: hearing protection - 02/18/19 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by TKandMike
Has anyone used any of Walker's ear buds for shooting? Did they meet your expectations? Are they worth the price? Any alternative products you'd recommend or just stick with regular plugs/muffs?

I have a pair and can't say they're worth the $$$

Maybe if I shot at the range several times a month, but I don't and the battery was dead every time I wanted to use them 2cents

Might have a pair for sale. Only a little ear wax scared
Posted By: helomech

Re: hearing protection - 02/18/19 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by titan2232
Originally Posted by TKandMike

I have a pair and can't say they're worth the $$$

Maybe if I shot at the range several times a month, but I don't and the battery was dead every time I wanted to use them 2cents

Might have a pair for sale. Only a little ear wax scared

If they are like real hearing aids the batteries will only last a week even if you only use them once. I can't explain it, but if I put batteries in my 10k dollar hearing aids and turn them on once, they last about 7 days. If I use them all day ever day, they last about 7 days. Makes no sense, but it has done it with all of my different brands of hearing aids.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: hearing protection - 02/19/19 12:01 AM

I have them and they didn't meet my expectations. I don't think they give very good protection. I use the 3M plugs that are joined by the plastic cord. If at the range I would use the plugs and muffs. Years of shooting has destroyed hearing so can't afford to lose anymore.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: hearing protection - 02/19/19 12:46 AM

Yeah, they eat batteries, but batteries are cheap. I like them. Got 2 pairs for my son and I. I want him to be able to hear me when we're hunting. They work well, sound good, and don't have the wind noise problems like some old models did.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: hearing protection - 02/19/19 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
Yeah, they eat batteries, but batteries are cheap. I like them. Got 2 pairs for my son and I. I want him to be able to hear me when we're hunting. They work well, sound good, and don't have the wind noise problems like some old models did.

X2
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum