Texas Hunting Forum

Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting

Posted By: DQ Kid

Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/05/19 11:03 PM

Fighting a rough case of chest mucus, nasal congestion and a painful chest cough. Wish I could be out in the woods amongst the brotherhood, for now I'll need to focus on kicking this bug. Take care and good luck on this last weekend of open season in NW TX...
Posted By: bear64

Re: Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/05/19 11:22 PM

wishing you a speedy recovery, but if its the same crud that is raging across kentucky dont count on this being over with very soon. i have been battling the same thing since before christmas. i would love to have one night of restfull sleep.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/05/19 11:23 PM

Yep it will last awhile
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/06/19 02:19 AM

Dang...sorry to hear that...get well soon....
Posted By: Russ79

Re: Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/06/19 02:42 AM

Almost as bad- my wife has been sick in bed for two days. Couldn't exactly take off to the woods in case she needed me.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/06/19 05:36 AM

I have the same thing. I've coughed so much it feels like some hit me in the stomach with a 2x4. Totally sucks.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/06/19 06:38 PM

I caught the exact same thing from my nieces and nephew over Christmas. I had planned to hunt during the two weeks I had off, but it took a while to shake it.

Vick’s vapor rub on your chest when you sleep at night, DayQuil/NyQuil and Mucinex per the instructions on the boxes, plus a lot of fluids. It took me over a week to get rid of it, and now I’ve got allergies from just mowing the leaves. bang
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/06/19 08:35 PM

Sorry to hear your sick and missing the final week. Best of luck to a quick recovery and success for next year!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: luv2brode

Re: Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/06/19 09:54 PM

Haven't made it out all season between work and feeling like trash. Thank god for antler less season
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/07/19 01:18 AM

DQ,

Had to take my wife last Sunday to Care Now Clnic. Steriod and Antibiotics finally killed hers. I killed mine with heavy Mucinex, Emergen-C and Alka Seltzer Cold. Bad stuff man, get to feeling better.

4W
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Sick on Last Weekend of Hunting - 01/07/19 03:32 AM

I am usually sick during hunting season, but not this year so far. At least not a bad cold.

I have Allergies bad, to the point my dr told me to move to Arizona. I have near flu/cold like symptoms about once every month or two for one or two days, sometimes three. I was sneezing and blowing my nose so bad this weekend I couldn’t have sneaked up on a heard of turtles having an orgi.

I stayed in and watched the Texans and Cowboys.

I need to get allergy shots but am afraid of reaction to the shots. I may do it anyway, getting stabbed in the heart with an epinephrine pen can’t be that bad.

Never had an allergy or sinus problems in my life until about 6-7 years ago and it hit me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum