Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland

Posted By: crozierk

Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 12/31/18 03:20 AM

Hey yall. Going to be taking a trip sometime towards the end of 2019 to the UK with the wife. I did some minimal googling to see what kind of hunting opportunities exist. Thought I'd pick y'alls brain and see if anyone has hunted over there. Any recommendations? Probably looking at small game/bird hunts, mostly due to time constraints, but haven't ruled out a deer hunt of some kind. Any folks I should look at in particular?
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 12/31/18 03:23 PM

You need to dress the part to hunt on that site of the pond, or tank where some of us come from. Wranglers and a camo shirt with the sleeves cut off wonít cut it. Iím not kidding.
Posted By: crozierk

Re: Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 12/31/18 03:37 PM

Man that's a bummer! Was planning on wearing my rebel flag t shirt and coveralls with my trucker hat on and some crocks. Lol
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 12/31/18 05:58 PM

Creekrunner on here has hunted Scotland I think
Posted By: rex47

Re: Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 12/31/18 06:10 PM

i saw a show, they were bunny bashing (rabbit huntin), guy had a weasel that ran the rabbits out of the hole then you could shoot it. yes their rabbits live in holes.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 12/31/18 06:31 PM

If I was hunting the UK I would have to try and get a Chinese Water Deer. a deer with fangs! How cool is that?
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 12/31/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by QMC(SW/EXW)
If I was hunting the UK I would have to try and get a Chinese Water Deer. a deer with fangs! How cool is that?

cheers
Posted By: Blank

Re: Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 12/31/18 10:34 PM

Yes, CWD for sure. Also a Muntjac and several Roe deer. There are actually quite a few outfitters over there that specialize in combo hunts.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 01/01/19 06:11 PM

I looked at going to England a couple of years ago hunting. Wound up going toSouth Africa instead. As I recal the prices were very good, as England does not have a lot of international hunters.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 01/02/19 07:46 PM

Hunted in Finland once. Moose, Whitetail, Roe deer were the main targets though there were some Russian Boars around and some other critters.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Hunting opportunities in the UK/Scotland - 01/02/19 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by rex47
i saw a show, they were bunny bashing (rabbit huntin), guy had a weasel that ran the rabbits out of the hole then you could shoot it. yes their rabbits live in holes.

Ive seen that same video. It is wild.
© 2019 Texas Hunting Forum